hunt3rshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hate2.gif

So my current situation is I have 2 micros SD chips and one N5 (clone of the R4) both running 1.28 of N5 firmware. (merely a patched version of the R4 firmware)

So I've been trying to get cheats to work on 1 of my SD cards for about a week now. The only game I have on there is The World Ends With you. But the cheat menu wont show up..... I've tried everything from trying to move it up to the top of the list and even deleting all the cheats (compliments of R4CE) on there except TWEWY cheat file. And its just not working. I've also tried only using the European/US version.

Note: Im using the CHEAT.DAT file. And I dont have USRCHEAT.DAT in my _system_ folder.

With my other SD chip I have Pokemon Diamond and Mario Kart on it. The cheats showed up. But this was only because I have both the CHEAT.DAT and USRCHEAT.DAT file on it. But as soon as I removed the USRCHEAT.DAT file the cheats stopped showing up all together.

So right now Im really pissed >.> I really don't know what else to try.

I wanna give YSmenu a shot but Im not sure if the N5's firmware will allow it.....

LORDBlackwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hunt3rshadow said:
hate2.gif

So my current situation is I have 2 micros SD chips and one N5 (clone of the R4) both running 1.28 of N5 firmware. (merely a patched version of the R4 firmware)

So I've been trying to get cheats to work on 1 of my SD cards for about a week now. The only game I have on there is The World Ends With you. But the cheat menu wont show up..... I've tried everything from trying to move it up to the top of the list and even deleting all the cheats (compliments of R4CE) on there except TWEWY cheat file. And its just not working. I've also tried only using the European/US version.

Note: Im using the CHEAT.DAT file. And I dont have USRCHEAT.DAT in my _system_ folder.

With my other SD chip I have Pokemon Diamond and Mario Kart on it. The cheats showed up. But this was only because I have both the CHEAT.DAT and USRCHEAT.DAT file on it. But as soon as I removed the USRCHEAT.DAT file the cheats stopped showing up all together.

So right now Im really pissed >.> I really don't know what else to try.

I wanna give YSmenu a shot but Im not sure if the N5's firmware will allow it.....

try whit the USRCHEAT only, but rename it too CHEAT
gbasp.gif

LORDBlackwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
elixirdream said:
rename it doesn't help and it is not proper just to change usrcheat.dat to cheat.dat like that
you need to use r4cce or other programs to do it

nevertheless, no harm trying
tongue.gif

no jeje, I only rename an work on my N5
gbasp.gif
but need the r4cce to make the file smaller

hunt3rshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LORDBlackwell said:
elixirdream said:
rename it doesn't help and it is not proper just to change usrcheat.dat to cheat.dat like that
you need to use r4cce or other programs to do it

nevertheless, no harm trying
tongue.gif

no jeje, I only rename an work on my N5
gbasp.gif
but need the r4cce to make the file smaller

Err so all I need to do this rename the CHEAT.DAT into USRCHEAT correct? And also I've made my cheat file so small that the only gamecheat on there is TWEWY.

hunt3rshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the cheat to work. I have a new problem now though lols. I tried the cheats and they worked the first time. The problem now is, anytime I try to access TWEWY it just takes me to a white screen and freezes. I tried taking off all the cheats, and it still freezes. What to do now?

BTW Im using the USRCHEAT.DAt

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, try this
Open up your CHEAT.DAT file in R4CCE.
Click on the very first item on the list, it should have a blue R4 symbol-thing.
Untick the Encrypt File box.
Save the file, load it up on your clone, and test.
Hope it works!

-8BitWalugi

hunt3rshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm thanks for the suggestion luigi, but it turns out that the "encrypt file box" was already unticked. Though the cheat enable is ticked. Is that suppose to be right?

If so any other suggestions?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for your question about N5 running YSMenu,i think it does,but use R4YSAuto(in the r4 forum sticky).in your other sd card with poke and mk,try using the USRCheat.dat instead of the Cheat.dat,don't just rename it,try using r4cce to convert it instead.also,did you try reformatting the sd card(backup your files)and then try it all over again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands