Hacking cheats on acekard 2i?

tk_saturn

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
3,327
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
55
Country
Downloading usrcheat doesn't necessarily work because it hasn't been updated since December, you have to use tempDB instead. If you use tempDB, you'll probably find the cheats are already in there.

You can update it over wifi if you follow this gude http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103 or you can update it manually by downloading usrcheat.dat from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/
 

Dangy

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
1,409
Trophies
0
XP
343
Country
United States

tk_saturn

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
3,327
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
55
Country
Dangy said:
tk_saturn said:
Downloading usrcheat doesn't necessarily work because it hasn't been updated since December, you have to use tempDB instead. If you use tempDB, you'll probably find the cheats are already in there.

You can update it over wifi if you follow this gude http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103 or you can update it manually by downloading usrcheat.dat from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

The usrcheat is from the TempDB.

You never specified where usrcheat is from, nor did you provide a link. By default AKAIO will update from Narin's out of date database, not TempDB.
 

Hakoda

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
2,133
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
San Jose, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
278
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Dangy said:
tk_saturn said:
Downloading usrcheat doesn't necessarily work because it hasn't been updated since December, you have to use tempDB instead. If you use tempDB, you'll probably find the cheats are already in there.

You can update it over wifi if you follow this gude http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103 or you can update it manually by downloading usrcheat.dat from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

The usrcheat is from the TempDB.

You never specified where usrcheat is from, nor did you provide a link. By default AKAIO will update from Narin's out of date database, not TempDB.
Not if you set it to Temp DB. But I'm not arguing with tk-saturn, I'm agreeing with him. You do need to set it to Temp DB if you want it. Or download it manually if you want Pokemon HGSS cheats.
 

kleptodathief

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
89
Trophies
0
XP
24
Country
United States
how do i get cheats to work, i press Y, and then click cheats and then what? im using moonshell, and i tried to do the cheats for nanostray 2 but i don't think anything happened, can someone help me please

i currently have a 6.36meg file usrcheat in the /cheats folder, i think it came with the moonshell stock

do i need to update that file with a newer one?

thanks

the only cheat i got working was metroid pinball, infinite barrier , does moonshell with akaio support cheats? i dloaded the latest 6.39 usrcheat.dat file
 

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
4,134
Trophies
0
Age
53
Location
Sitting by computer
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
1,061
Country
kleptodathief said:
how do i get cheats to work, i press Y, and then click cheats and then what? im using moonshell, and i tried to do the cheats for nanostray 2 but i don't think anything happened, can someone help me please

i currently have a 6.36meg file usrcheat in the /cheats folder, i think it came with the moonshell stock

do i need to update that file with a newer one?

thanks
Are you using AKAIO ?? - you say 'Moonshell' but to use cheats you need to go to AKAIO to select them

If so then follow these instruction & your cheats should work
> Start up & boot into AKAIO
> press [Start] > System Properties > Right trigger TWICe until you see 'Default Patch Options'
> Make sure 'Cheat code Usage' is 'Enabled'
> press [A] twice to leave
> Highlight game you want to cheat on
> Press [Y]
> Tap [Cheats]
> Select your cheat(s)
> Press [Select] to save your alterations (VERY IMPORTANT)
> Press [A] to start the game

And your cheats should now work (I've tried it on Nanostray and it does)
 

jimkog

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16
Trophies
0
XP
44
Country
Greece
CannonFoddr said:
kleptodathief said:
how do i get cheats to work, i press Y, and then click cheats and then what? im using moonshell, and i tried to do the cheats for nanostray 2 but i don't think anything happened, can someone help me please

i currently have a 6.36meg file usrcheat in the /cheats folder, i think it came with the moonshell stock

do i need to update that file with a newer one?

thanks
Are you using AKAIO ?? - you say 'Moonshell' but to use cheats you need to go to AKAIO to select them

If so then follow these instruction & your cheats should work
> Start up & boot into AKAIO
> press [Start] > System Properties > Right trigger TWICe until you see 'Default Patch Options'
> Make sure 'Cheat code Usage' is 'Enabled'
> press [A] twice to leave
> Highlight game you want to cheat on
> Press [Y]
> Tap [Cheats]
> Select your cheat(s)
> Press [Select] to save your alterations (VERY IMPORTANT)
> Press [A] to start the game

And your cheats should now work (I've tried it on Nanostray and it does)


i have AKAIO do you have any cheat for soul silver??
 

cyberninja

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
43
Trophies
0
XP
51
Country
If your DS can connect via wifi then I find the easiest way on AKAIO 1.6RC2 to get cheats is to:
press start
press down then press a when you reach more
then press a on wifi update
change the cheat database to TempDB (i find this has more cheats)
then press ok
wait while downloading
restart ds
go to the rom
press start select cheats
etc
 

kleptodathief

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
89
Trophies
0
XP
24
Country
United States
ok thanks i think i never used the 'select' button to save, i think i got cheats working now

where do i get this tempDB file?

how come moonshell dusn't support cheats?
 

Rayman0625

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
2
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was possible to explain to me how to edit the usercheat.dat. Simply because a few codes I'm looking for (example: Battle Wild Shiny in Pokemon HG and SS) are not there. I've even updated my .dat file with the one from TempDB.
 

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
27,880
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
8,898
Country
United States
You get the TempDB file either manually from here...
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

Or, when using AKAIO 1.6 RC2, you choose to download the cheat file from the temp database, it's a new option in the wifi update menu.

Moonshell doesn't support cheats because it was never meant to run games in the first place. In fact if you have a copy of moonshell that can run games at all, it's because somebody cracked it to run games.
 

tk_saturn

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
3,327
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
55
Country

Hakoda

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
2,133
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
San Jose, CA
Website
Visit site
XP
278
Country
United States
Rayman0625 said:
I was wondering if it was possible to explain to me how to edit the usercheat.dat. Simply because a few codes I'm looking for (example: Battle Wild Shiny in Pokemon HG and SS) are not there. I've even updated my .dat file with the one from TempDB.
Try updating again cuz I see this:

HGSSCheats.jpg

There are a lot of cheats so you just have to look, Elixirdream has added a bunch. Also remember to rebuild the cheat database (press X) when you update the TempDB.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: More mighty then the sword