Hacking cheats on acekard 2i?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloading usrcheat doesn't necessarily work because it hasn't been updated since December, you have to use tempDB instead. If you use tempDB, you'll probably find the cheats are already in there.

You can update it over wifi if you follow this gude http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103 or you can update it manually by downloading usrcheat.dat from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dangy said:
tk_saturn said:
Downloading usrcheat doesn't necessarily work because it hasn't been updated since December, you have to use tempDB instead. If you use tempDB, you'll probably find the cheats are already in there.

You can update it over wifi if you follow this gude http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103 or you can update it manually by downloading usrcheat.dat from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

The usrcheat is from the TempDB.

You never specified where usrcheat is from, nor did you provide a link. By default AKAIO will update from Narin's out of date database, not TempDB.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Dangy said:
tk_saturn said:

The usrcheat is from the TempDB.

You never specified where usrcheat is from, nor did you provide a link. By default AKAIO will update from Narin's out of date database, not TempDB.
Not if you set it to Temp DB. But I'm not arguing with tk-saturn, I'm agreeing with him. You do need to set it to Temp DB if you want it. Or download it manually if you want Pokemon HGSS cheats.

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get cheats to work, i press Y, and then click cheats and then what? im using moonshell, and i tried to do the cheats for nanostray 2 but i don't think anything happened, can someone help me please

i currently have a 6.36meg file usrcheat in the /cheats folder, i think it came with the moonshell stock

do i need to update that file with a newer one?

thanks

the only cheat i got working was metroid pinball, infinite barrier , does moonshell with akaio support cheats? i dloaded the latest 6.39 usrcheat.dat file

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kleptodathief said:
how do i get cheats to work, i press Y, and then click cheats and then what? im using moonshell, and i tried to do the cheats for nanostray 2 but i don't think anything happened, can someone help me please

i currently have a 6.36meg file usrcheat in the /cheats folder, i think it came with the moonshell stock

thanks
Are you using AKAIO ?? - you say 'Moonshell' but to use cheats you need to go to AKAIO to select them

If so then follow these instruction & your cheats should work
> Start up & boot into AKAIO
> press [Start] > System Properties > Right trigger TWICe until you see 'Default Patch Options'
> Make sure 'Cheat code Usage' is 'Enabled'
> press [A] twice to leave
> Highlight game you want to cheat on
> Press [Y]
> Tap [Cheats]
> Select your cheat(s)
> Press [Select] to save your alterations (VERY IMPORTANT)
> Press [A] to start the game

And your cheats should now work (I've tried it on Nanostray and it does)

jimkog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
CannonFoddr said:
kleptodathief said:

thanks
Are you using AKAIO ?? - you say 'Moonshell' but to use cheats you need to go to AKAIO to select them

If so then follow these instruction & your cheats should work
> Start up & boot into AKAIO
> press [Start] > System Properties > Right trigger TWICe until you see 'Default Patch Options'
> Make sure 'Cheat code Usage' is 'Enabled'
> press [A] twice to leave
> Highlight game you want to cheat on
> Press [Y]
> Tap [Cheats]
> Select your cheat(s)
> Press [Select] to save your alterations (VERY IMPORTANT)
> Press [A] to start the game

And your cheats should now work (I've tried it on Nanostray and it does)

i have AKAIO do you have any cheat for soul silver??

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your DS can connect via wifi then I find the easiest way on AKAIO 1.6RC2 to get cheats is to:
press start
press down then press a when you reach more
then press a on wifi update
change the cheat database to TempDB (i find this has more cheats)
then press ok
wait while downloading
restart ds
go to the rom
press start select cheats
etc

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks i think i never used the 'select' button to save, i think i got cheats working now

where do i get this tempDB file?

how come moonshell dusn't support cheats?

Rayman0625

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was possible to explain to me how to edit the usercheat.dat. Simply because a few codes I'm looking for (example: Battle Wild Shiny in Pokemon HG and SS) are not there. I've even updated my .dat file with the one from TempDB.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You get the TempDB file either manually from here...
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

Or, when using AKAIO 1.6 RC2, you choose to download the cheat file from the temp database, it's a new option in the wifi update menu.

Moonshell doesn't support cheats because it was never meant to run games in the first place. In fact if you have a copy of moonshell that can run games at all, it's because somebody cracked it to run games.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayman0625 said:
I was wondering if it was possible to explain to me how to edit the usercheat.dat. Simply because a few codes I'm looking for (example: Battle Wild Shiny in Pokemon HG and SS) are not there. I've even updated my .dat file with the one from TempDB.
Try updating again cuz I see this:

HGSSCheats.jpg

There are a lot of cheats so you just have to look, Elixirdream has added a bunch. Also remember to rebuild the cheat database (press X) when you update the TempDB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16