Cheat.DAT on Trimmed Files

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Laharan, Feb 10, 2009.

Feb 10, 2009

Cheat.DAT on Trimmed Files by Laharan at 8:40 PM (1,366 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Laharan
    OP

Newcomer Laharan Member

United States
    I was wondering if there is any way to get the cheats from the Massive Cheat Database to work on trimmed files or when you use the arm7 fix. Thanks in advance.

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    It seems to be the ARM7 thing that kills the cheat codes, not the trimming. Try using an updated and/or more compatible firmware so ARM7 problems occur in less games.

3. Laharan
    OP

Newcomer Laharan Member

United States
    I have an R4DS with the latest update, so is there some kind of patch someone has put out that would work?

4. Depravo

United Kingdom
    If it's a real R4 then the 'latest' firmware update is nearly a year old. Try YSMenu instead.

5. Laharan
    OP

Newcomer Laharan Member

United States
    I tried to dl the installer but it just brought up a page of strange symbols. Is there a good link anyone can send me?

6. Depravo

United Kingdom
  7. Laharan
    OP

Newcomer Laharan Member

United States
    Oops then I was more lost then I thought. Thanks for all the help.

8. Laharan
    OP

Newcomer Laharan Member

United States
    I'm having a hard time getting a hold of the YSmenu file. I patched using the r4 bug fixes here but all it did was change some stuff into a different language.

9. Depravo

United Kingdom
    YSMenu and the R4 firmware are two entirely different things. You can't turn the R4 firmware into YSMenu by patching it.

The YSMenu file is on this page. Scroll down until you find the DS(T_T)DS section then download the "2009/02/07 16:30??????savlib" link.

Then read the links I gave you earlier to learn how to convert it for use on the R4.

10. Laharan
    OP

Newcomer Laharan Member

United States
    All right thanks again. I'm gonna try and get everything running later tonight.

11. Laharan
    OP

Newcomer Laharan Member

United States
    Okay so I used the simply rev program and put the generated _DS_MENU.DAT and TTmenu file on my ds and it worked fine for a few minutes and then it crashed and when I booted up it said can't find _DS_MENU.DAT and when I put my micro sd into my pc the card comes up blank but its memory is completely maxed out. I forgot to back up before I did this so I was wondering if it is reversible or if I just need to re-format my card?