Hacking Cheap, Good 256GB SD Card...

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...could someone point me in the right direction. I thought I saw one for $70-something. now, I can only find ones for $140+. I bought one for around half that which was about $40, so what's going on here. that's a major jump.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Keep in mind that you might get a couterfeit if you ever purchase cheapo SD cards or cheapo USB drives which hold a lot of GB.
Run h2testw on them to determine their actual size.

Reactions: veraci_00

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: XeonZephos

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that you might get a couterfeit if you ever purchase cheapo SD cards or cheapo USB drives which hold a lot of GB.
Run h2testw on them to determine their actual size.
God damn, it took me near 2 or so hours to scan a 64gb sd card with h2testw. I don't even want to imagine how long it would take to scan a 256gb SD card, haha!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
God damn, it took me near 2 or so hours to scan a 64gb sd card with h2testw. I don't even want to imagine how long it would take to scan a 256gb SD card, haha!

3 days ago I also tested a 64 GB USB drive, also took me ~2 hours but it's worth it.
Rather wait hours for it then to eventually find out it's a knockoff with only 16 GB usable data space and having everything corrupt on me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
can the knockoffs actually hold the same amount of data or can they but lose it at some point?
Some of them can, but they're low quality and can corrupt or break later down the line. Often they display a fake capacity and the real size is only 4 or 8 GB so once you fill up more than that it will start corrupting files.

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of them can, but they're low quality and can corrupt or break later down the line. Often they display a fake capacity and the real size is only 4 or 8 GB so once you fill up more than that it will start corrupting files.

hopefully, the one I bought is solid. I once read that a person bought a fake memory stick at an official sony store. lol! how does that even happen!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)