Changing character models on Phantasy Star 0

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Fefo, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Fefo
    OP

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi.

I've been replaying PS0 on DeSmuME and was always annoyed by how ugly some characters are, like FOnewms. Does anyone know what files do I need to swap to change which model is used for a certain character?

Thanks.

2. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    As far as I'm aware you can use cheats to swap out the character models (never tried it though). Desmume uses cheat lists like the ones found with r4i and the other flash carts. You can download the latest cheat list from here (or at the very least the latest that r4i downloads) http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/5938-NDS-Cheat-Database-Update-Usrcheat-08-15-2014 and load that list with desmume and you should be good to go.

Fefo likes this.
  3. Fefo
    OP

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    Thanks. Should nothing have changed from my list (dunno how old it is), I remember it being possible, but janky. On my last try I couldn't trigger a change without going to the character editor, making it useless.

For those who want to try: avoid swapping very different races/types, like HUcast > FOnewm. It always caused oddities for me.