Hacking Chances of a Flash Player for DS?

Pedro UK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really enjoy playing a lot of flash games on my PC. I'd love to play some of them on my DS and I know the machine is powerful enough to handle these kind of games. I was wondering if anybody knows if the DS is powerful enough to run a Flash Player and if so has anybody heard of somebody working on one. I think it would be a great way to get loads of interesting new games onto the mighty DS!
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Natrium started something along these lines, DS Flash. Last I heard, it could play SWF animations without sound.

The DS is powerful enough to play games with similar graphics (i.e. very simple) to Flash games, but actual Flash games need more power. I don't know if that would work. It probably could play SWF games if it had a Flash player, an if the games were made especially for the DS.

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt Natrium42 will finish that Flash player. If he released the source code maybe there will be hope.

He's too wrapped up with DSerial, which I don't think is for sale yet.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Full SWF support (not counting VP6/flv) should be possible through gnash, which can take advantage of the DS's 3D hardware (through OpenGL) instead of software only like the official PC and PSP flash players.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/OUPRttnIyio?si=bm-9qNqiusvshBAz