CFW rebuild database

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Draexelion, May 14, 2018.

1. Draexelion
    OP

Draexelion Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Sweden
    Hey guys! So my PS3 has been lagging a lot and i want to fix it by rebuilding database. I'm on 4.82 rebug cfw. Will I lose my games which I have installed as PKG? Will I lose cfw? I just want to fix lagging. Are there any other options I can do to fix lag? I've already cleaned out the dust and stuff. Help!

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Rebuild database simply forces stuff on the XMB (mainly saves, apps, and media) to be reindexed, that's why it's commonly used after manually editing the folders of installed packages; it has nothing to do with the operating system, and should not have any significant effect on performance in most realistic use cases

Draexelion likes this.
  3. Draexelion
    OP

Draexelion Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Sweden
    So what should i do to speed up my PS3? Bayonetta and some other games are really laggy :(

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is getting really hot? what temp are you getting?

5. Draexelion
    OP

Draexelion Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Sweden
    Well, when Im playing bayonetta, the CPU temp is 68°C.But strangely enough, the temperature of the country is the same even on the xmb without any game running . What should I do to improve performance?

Last edited by Draexelion, May 16, 2018
  6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Lagging/Freezing tends to be problem with the CPU/GPU, not sure increasing the fan speed internally will help much, you can use webman to increase the fan speed a bit.

7. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    It could be the hard drive too. Try reinstalling the game?

Panzer_Baboon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice