Hacking CFW 6.60 PRO-C Fix3 problem with PSX games

Gand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, first of all sorry for my bad english.

I have a PSP 3000 with CFW 6.60 PRO-C Fix3. Everything is running fine, homebrew, PSP ISO & CSO and PSX games.
The problem with PSX games is that everytime I put the PSP in sleep mode while playing a PSX game I cannot start it again, I have to turn off the PSP. I cannot find any info on the net, don't know if is a known problem or no.

If is a known proble, can it be solved? Can I install anothe CFW that solves this?

Thanks!

Gand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, the POPS.txt file only has one line:

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx 1

In order to play PSX games I had to download a Popsloader Pack for 6.XX PRO CFW, press R before the game start and I selected version 3.40, version 3.71 didn't work.

I installed CFW 6.60 PRO-B10 but also resets the PSP when trying to awake it from sleep. Any ideas?

Ryudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No such problems here on 6.60 Pro-C Fix3.

Tested it with Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil 2,3, and Grandia.

Ryudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really. Mine's a PSP3000. I'm capable of running a lower POPS if needed. But to be honest, I never had to run a lower POPs yet so far. I think the only game I had to use that with was Valkyrie Profile (PSX), but even on low POPS it still refused to work. That was just due to general game incompatibilities though and confirmed by many users who tried to play VP on the PSP. I resorted to playing the PSP version instead.. (Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth).

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahhh well ok i stand corrected. I know there were issues back when i was choosing a PSP about a year ago. Thats why i opted for a PSP2000 over the 3000 as i read in numerous places that popsloader did have issues especially with some 3.XX versions (which i even now have 4 or 5 games that only run properly on these versions)

Ryudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah most of it has been fixed now luckily it seems. I've been using it since 6.60 Pro-B10, and never had any serious issues there either.

I'm glad I got the 3000 series that's for sure. (especially now that in The Netherlands, you can only get the crappy E-1000 series instead of PSP3000s, which is basically a cheap skimmed down version of the 3000 series.)

Gand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finnally all is working right!! The user of another forum send his folder POPS and the problem was gone. I think I had downloaded 2 or 3 different versions of the popsloader and none of them worked well (well, they all worked but had the sleep problem)

Thanks all for the help!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work