Hacking I'm new to psp homebrew, am I doing this right?

catssoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got myself a psp 3000 for the holidays solely to homebrew it. As for the CFW im running 6.60 PRO C Fix 3 with Infinity 2.0.3 (the guide I used to install everything was via pspunk)

Installation went well without any problems, but the biggest issue im having right now is my ISO files are not showing up when I boot up the handheld.
Before anyone asks, YES. the files are in a ISO folder thats in the root of the SD card.

So I don't really know what I'm doing wrong here and now im kinda worried if CFW I installed is outdated or something. My homebrew experience has up until recently has been exclusively limited to Nintendo consoles/handhelds so this is, understandably, very much uncharted territory to me

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press the Select button while in the XMB and it should pop up the VSH menu.

That'd be the indicator you're in CFW.

Otherwise it should just be drag-and-drop process to install ISO or CSO games in the ISO folder.

catssoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press the Select button while in the XMB and it should pop up the VSH menu.

That'd be the indicator you're in CFW.

Otherwise it should just be drag-and-drop process to install ISO or CSO games in the ISO folder.

I'm really sorry, the terminology is still new to me so I don't really understand what you mean when you say XMB and VSH. I assume you mean to press the select button while on the main system menu which I did and nothing really happened.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry, the terminology is still new to me so I don't really understand what you mean when you say XMB and VSH. I assume you mean to press the select button while on the main system menu which I did and nothing really happened.
XMB is the "main menu", I suppose.

VSH is a red popup menu that lets you toggle some options and go in the settings page that has more settings for the CFW.

For illustration purposes:
maxresdefault.jpg

If the VSH menu isn't popping up, the CFW isn't enabled and that'd be why ISO games aren't showing up.

Another way to test would be loading unsigned homebrew or eboot games.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay, that definitely makes more sense. VSH does not pop up for me so I assume I must've did something wrong here. Is it because the guide that I used is outdated?
https://www.pspunk.com/psp-cfw/
Re-check in Infinity if the PRO CFW is installed and enabled.

Then reboot and check in the PSP's System Settings Information menu to check if it has been enabled. (Last step shown in the guide.)

catssoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-check in Infinity if the PRO CFW is installed and enabled.

Then reboot and check in the PSP's System Settings Information menu to check if it has been enabled. (Last step shown in the guide.)

Ok, I can verify that PRO CFW is installed an enabled on Infinity. And when checking System Information it says its running "Version 6.60∞" Everything looks good and I assume I did everything right, so I really don't understand why the VSH menu will not show up for me

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I can verify that PRO CFW is installed an enabled on Infinity. And when checking System Information it says its running "Version 6.60∞" Everything looks good and I assume I did everything right, so I really don't understand why the VSH menu will not show up for me
Hmm... Exactly "6.60"? Should be something like "6.60 PRO∞" unless I'm mistaken.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooww I have a PSP 3001, and I get major probs with pspunk. thus I don't use that.

The rest [like yours] I have. Runs great for my taste. Besides, I'm not doing Homebrew. yet lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto