CFW 3DS won't download anything from eShop, need help.

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My 3DS won't download anything from eShop, ad whenever I try, it cancels the download midway through and presents the error code 007-7392, however, the big issue is, the error code doesn't exist on the Nintendo 3DS customer support website, which has led me to believe that it has something to do with CFW. On top of that, when I searched the error code on Google, it found a Reddit post on r/3dshacks where a guy downloaded a free theme off of a game that was intended to be NA exclusive on his European 3DS, and the theme did the same to his eShop (presented the same error code, stopped midway through downloading software, etc), so I'm wondering if it's because I put English games on my Japanese N3DS.

Does anyone know of any additional possibilities, or just straight up know a solution to this issue? Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: The error code is actually 007-7392, not 009-7392

Last edited by mcclainaj05,
Reactions: assassinz

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS won't download anything from eShop, ad whenever I try, it cancels the download midway through and presents the error code 009-7392, however, the big issue is, the error code doesn't exist on the Nintendo 3DS customer support website, which has led me to believe that it has something to do with CFW. On top of that, when I searched the error code on Google, it found a Reddit post on r/3dshacks where a guy downloaded a free theme off of a game that was intended to be NA exclusive on his European 3DS, and the theme did the same to his eShop (presented the same error code, stopped midway through downloading software, etc), so I'm wondering if it's because I put English games on my Japanese N3DS.

Does anyone know of any additional possibilities, or just straight up know a solution to this issue? Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a Japanese LL as well! I don’t remember the specific error code but I got something similar when I attempted to update US region games. While CFW does in fact make your 3DS LL region free it doesn’t change the servers you hit for updates and Ninty doesn’t serve US game updates out of their Japanese DCs (as far as I can tell,) I solved my issue by going to the same place I FBI’d the original US game and grabbed the update(s) from there as well. You might be in the same position.

One thing that helped me was using the Google app on my iPhone and then tapping the camera inside of the app and sliding it to translate. I point my phone at my 3DS and it translates the Japanese in real time so I can get more context around the errors.

I’m rather new to the 3DS scene so I hope this helps.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I'm wondering if it's because I put English games on my Japanese N3DS.
What exactly are you trying to download?

If you have a Japanese 3DS and are attempting to download updates and DLC for US (or European) software that you installed from the Japanese eShop, then yes, that is not going to work, and it make sense that you will not find that error code on any official support websites – because officially, you are only supposed to have Japanese software on a Japanese 3DS.

The only way to install those updates would be to get the appropriate update .cia files from elsewhere and then install them via FBI.

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What exactly are you trying to download?

If you have a Japanese 3DS and are attempting to download updates and DLC for US (or European) software that you installed from the Japanese eShop, then yes, that is not going to work, and it make sense that you will not find that error code on any official support websites – because officially, you are only supposed to have Japanese software on a Japanese 3DS.

The only way to install those updates would be to get the appropriate update .cia files from elsewhere and then install them via FBI.
I'm trying to download an update for a physical copy of Pokemon Ultra Sun from the US, however, to test if it was just the Ultra Sun copy, I attempted to download Pokemon Shuffle from eShop, which didn't work either. Also, the 3DS detects Pokemon Ultra Sun as a Japanese game, which, while weird, may actually be some important info. Also, I can't find a website with the update data that works, because the only website I found that claimed to have it, was hShop, and that didn't work either.

Edit: Found the update data on Ziperto, lemme just try that real quick

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to download an update for a physical copy of Pokemon Ultra Sun from the US, however, to test if it was just the Ultra Sun copy, I attempted to download Pokemon Shuffle from eShop, which didn't work either. Also, the 3DS detects Pokemon Ultra Sun as a Japanese game, which, while weird, may actually be some important info. Also, I can't find a website with the update data that works, because the only website I found that claimed to have it, was hShop, and that didn't work either.
I would check the title ID of the game with any that will and check to see what region it claims its from. Then grab that region update and try.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Edit: Found the update data on Ziperto, lemme just try that real quick
Fun fact, the Pokemon games are identical across all regions, the only thing that changes is the banner data (and this is the part that normally prevents you from playing an out of region copy of the game), so as long as you have CFW to bypass the region check in the banner data, the Pokemon games function as in-region, and the update data is the same.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS won't download anything from eShop, ad whenever I try, it cancels the download midway through and presents the error code 007-7392, however, the big issue is, the error code doesn't exist on the Nintendo 3DS customer support website, which has led me to believe that it has something to do with CFW. On top of that, when I searched the error code on Google, it found a Reddit post on r/3dshacks where a guy downloaded a free theme off of a game that was intended to be NA exclusive on his European 3DS, and the theme did the same to his eShop (presented the same error code, stopped midway through downloading software, etc), so I'm wondering if it's because I put English games on my Japanese N3DS.

Edit: The error code is actually 007-7392, not 009-7392

That edit makes a pretty big difference.

Sounds like you need to format your SD Card or call Ninty support…according to Reddit!:rofl2:

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That edit makes a pretty big difference.

Sounds like you need to format your SD Card or call Ninty support…according to Reddit!:rofl2:
Should I try that? Because that doesn't sound right, what I think I'll try doing is backing up my save data using Checkpoint, deleting my games and their tickets, then try downloading again, and once that's finished, I'll just redownload my games. You know what, actually, is there a way to backup your game tickets? Because since tickets are what eShop detects, then if I just backup the tickets along with my save data and delete the tickets from my SD, then I could just reinstall the tickets after and save a hell of a lot of time.

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What title are you trying? I can attempt to duplicate your specific scenario.
I discovered this issue when I tried downloading update data for Pokemon Ultra Sun, however, I tried downloading two free games (Pokemon Shuffle (Japanese) and a free-to-play Denpamen game in Japan) to check if it was an isolated incident; it's not that, it won't download any games from eShop, and always presents the error code
"007-7392".

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should I try that? Because that doesn't sound right, what I think I'll try doing is backing up my save data using Checkpoint, deleting my games and their tickets, then try downloading again, and once that's finished, I'll just redownload my games. You know what, actually, is there a way to backup your game tickets? Because since tickets are what eShop detects, then if I just backup the tickets along with my save data and delete the tickets from my SD, then I could just reinstall the tickets after and save a hell of a lot of time.
If your SD card is going bad, then the standard procedure is to copy everything off the card, format the card, test the card with h2testw, and then copy everything back again. Sometimes just doing this is enough to clear up unusual problems (though you wouldn't expect it to). Of course, if h2testw indicates your card has problems, then you will need to get a new card.

I don't trust Windows Explorer for these things; you might want to use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to copy the files back and forth.

Reactions: binkinator

mcclainaj05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If your SD card is going bad, then the standard procedure is to copy everything off the card, format the card, test the card with h2testw, and then copy everything back again. Sometimes just doing this is enough to clear up unusual problems (though you wouldn't expect it to). Of course, if h2testw indicates your card has problems, then you will need to get a new card.

I don't trust Windows Explorer for these things; you might want to use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to copy the files back and forth.
Yeah, I wasn't able to backup my SD, due to the fact that my computer just wouldn't do it due to the number of things on the SD (tried copying individual files, but then realized that it was taking too long and that I was risking breaking SD) but ok, I'll try that.

Edit: Hey which version of the program should I use for a computer running Windows 10 in x64 (or is it 64x)?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’m seeing a ton of references to it being an issue with the SD Card. I would absolutely back everything up before reformatting. Not sure of the ticket process To be honest.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll try that then.

use the unstoppable copier that @Kwyjor mentioned. You want to download the topmost universal version for any modern Windows OS.

1645151358048.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1