Cemu 1.8.0b publicly released

Everyone's favorite Wii U emulator is back, with a brand new update: version 1.8.0b. Many improvements have been made, and you can see the changelog below. General consensus seems to say that this build fixes lots of crashing errors, although some also mention worse performance, in terms of framerate. You can check it out yourself by trying the latest version of the emulator in the source link.

New in 1.8.0b:

• general: Fixed a bug in calculation of fullscreen window size
  • GX2: Fixed crash caused by out-of-bounds vertex attribute locations
New in 1.8.0:

• general: Added memory scanner (search and filter for values)
  • general: If Cemu is maximized to fullscreen, it will remain on the same monitor rather than defaulting to the primary monitor
  • RPL: Optimized loading of RPLs
  • GX2: Cemu now uses separable shaders. Vertex, geometry and pixel shaders are split into separate and independent programs rather than bundling them into sets. This change breaks compatibility with pre-1.8.0 shader caches and graphic packs (if they contain shaders)
  • GX2: Added support for using the same texture multiple times with different sampler parameters during a single drawcall
  • GX2: Graphic pack texture rules will automatically scale gl_FragCoord
  • GX2: Implemented shader instructions RECIPSQRT_FF and RECIP_FF
  • GX2: GPU7 shader decompiler will output slightly more optimized GLSL code
  • GX2: Better detection for invalidation of data in Streamout cache
  • GX2: Optimized frequently used GX2 API
  • GX2: Optimized texture decoding
  • GX2: Added command line option '-nsight' to allow debugging via NVIDIA Nsight

:arrow: Source

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was talking about for graphics card. Not a console. :mellow:

Is that best on the market? First i heard of this one.
actually titan are professional gpu
GTX are specifically for game from what I understood
The best GTX is 1080ti

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me ? Every game is crashing on startup with CEMU 1.8.0b

CPU : AMD A6-7400K (APU) GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Ghz Edition
you should ask in the emulation section, not in the news section

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best GTX is 1080ti
Professional gpu? Kinda like professional windows os over home version? So is for business suitors and developers, not consumer market. I mean i haven't tried the emulator yet, but i have Nvidia GTX 1050TI, so 1080P at 60FPS is all i care about. Not really into the 4K stuff yet.

I need a game to try it on, but i don't have enough storage yet, does anyone know a small file size game? I don't think any of my disc based games are under 10GB to rip, plus it take long on the wii u to sd card.

DrayanoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Emulation is done mostly on the CPU side, if you want good FPS get a good CPU, the GPU don't help with FPS as much as the CPU.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The best GTX is 1080ti
Nope. Titans are, and have always been for gaming. Pros take Nvidia Quadro & Co. which are muuuuch more powerful than the GeForce series in brute power, but for different uses. Nvixdia couldn't continue to sell the Nvidia Titan X Pascal (2016) for $1,400 while less powerful than the $700 1080Ti, so they updated it into the Titan Xp (2017) which is roughly 15% more powerful than the 1080Ti, with the entire board used, and costs $1,200.
But's that's offtopic.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Here is what Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild runs like on CEMU 1.8.0b.

FX 8320 // 390 (AMD 17.5.2) // 16GB 2133

Nice to see that the WiiU won't be needed for much longer to play the few good games it has. :) Still, for those not wanting to pay too much then the WiiU might be the choice anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?