CEMU 1.5.6 released (Wii U emulator)

The amazing Wii U emulator (which is already capable of properly playing a good number of games) received an update today with version 1.5.6. The highly technical change log below may not mean much to you...
general: Fixed a bug where the crashlog and some other files were created in the wrong directory when launching a game from .rpx
CPU: Reduced RAM usage of recompiler
coreinit: Fixed a bug in OSSetPeriodicAlarm()
AX: Added API AXSetVoiceSrcType(), AXDecodeAdpcmData()
AX: Implemented sample rate converter for PCM16 format
AX: Implemented PCM8 format decoder and PCM8 sample rate converter
AX: Other small adjustments to improve overall sound quality
DMAE: Added API DMAEFillMem()
GX2: Added API GX2RDirectCallDisplayList()
GX2: Fixed a crash that could occur when an already running occlusion query was started.
GX2: Improved performance of surface copy operations
... but what you'll be interested to know is that it improves compatibility with a greater number of games.

Check out this video for a preview of the improvements over the previous version:

:arrow: Click here for more CEMU videos
:arrow: Compatibility list
:arrow: Subreddit
:arrow: Head over to the official CEMU site if you want to download it

geddanof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, Cemu is this advanced in term of emulation performance?! It might be very close to a level that can rival playing on the Wii U itself!
Now if only the emulator supports Wii U homebrew/game modding...

Last edited by geddanof,

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
How can a emulator for such an advanced system evolve so fast?? Does the developer know secret stuff about the console that others don't know?:P Maybe pre-employed at nintendo?

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good news! I do wonder if i could get decent speed on my phenom II X6 @3.0GHz.

Congratulations to the team!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't aware of this emulator until last night. While I own the system and already have most of what I want on it, it's nice to see a working emulator out there that's making fast progression. From the looks of it, it hasn't even been a year yet since this first came out, and it's already at this level of playability!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I decided to give it a try, and so far so good. I can play Mutant Mudds Super Challenge on my Surface Pro 4 (a model with an i5 processor and 8 GB RAM), although it only runs at about 9 FPS.

I really like the texture dumping feature. It generated some nice sprite sheets for the game. I noticed that The Spriters Resource does not have any rips from the game yet (or the first one for that matter), so I guess that I will play through the Mutant Mudds games again to dump and upload the sprites.

Last edited by I pwned U!,
Reactions: The Cringe

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance we will see real Gamepad support on this emulator. I'm seriously considering a combination of this and Dolphin if the NX comes out without a good backwards compatibility method.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Wasn't aware of this emulator until last night. While I own the system and already have most of what I want on it, it's nice to see a working emulator out there that's making fast progression. From the looks of it, it hasn't even been a year yet since this first came out, and it's already at this level of playability!
yes, I realized we didn't give it enough publicity. It definitely deserves more!
we will do our best to cover every new release from now on

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I already prefer to use CEMU over a real Wii U for mariokart, its just so much more convenient.
Once this emulator has adjustable resolution... its gonna be incredible.

Vithimiris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain why fps drops horribly when leaving fullscreen mode by using alt +enter or esc? from 60 fps to 5

More than likely your graphics card is being used during that initial switch, you're telling it to switch resolutions in a quick manner. It does that, but at the cost of FPS.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, a lot of CEMU's dependencies are Windows-only, though I may be thinking of that other Wii U emulator, the open source one.

Cemu:

Will other platforms besides Windows be supported?
Multi-platform support is planned and so far many development decisions have been in favor of supporting multiple platforms. (E.g. choosing OpenGL over DirectX for rendering) But currently there thousands of other little things that need to be done before work on ports can start.

When? We don't know yet.

Reactions: Deleted User

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes, I realized we didn't give it enough publicity. It definitely deserves more!
we will do our best to cover every new release from now on

It wasn't about the lack of coverage really, but rather that I haven't had time to look into the scene much this year. And also because I didn't think there would actually be a working emulator out there this early, especially when last gen emulation is just barely getting started. If I hadn't clicked on this topic and actually looked, I would have just assumed that this was an emulator that's only capable of running homebrew so far, and that commercial game support would came later. :)

Last edited by ChaosBoi, , Reason: Forgot to add quote because I keep forgetting you're supposed to click reply instead of quote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-