Hacking CBHC Wii U started hanging on on system start but can boot system menu through CBHC boot menu

Eaglemeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that just started happening today.

Some background, I've been used this Wii U with CBHC 1.6 with no issues for months. Recently I decided to upgrade the external hard drive. Since the old and new hard drive needed to use the same enclosure I opted to backup all my saves with SaveMii and reinstall all the games on the new hard drive. This seemed to be fine for about 24 hours and the kids played the Wii U all day yesterday. At the end of the day I installed a few more games that via Techmoon's WiiVC injector script. These installed fine and I launched and tried all of them before turning off the Wii U for the night (these are also not the first WiiVC injected games I've installed, but were the first where I had to create the icon/boot graphics myself).

This morning when powering on the Wii U it just hangs on the Wii U Menu loading screen after showing the CBHC autobooting screen. The sound plays but if you try powering on and off the tablet its unable to reconnect to the main unit.
I've tried removing all SD cards and detaching the external hard drive but it exhibits the same issue regardless. Physically unplugging and plugging the power to the system doesn't help either.

I saw in related thread that i should see if I can get into the homebrew launcher by pressing the Home key during the CBHC autoboot. That gave an -5 with one of my SD cards, but worked with another one.

Oddly enough if I choose to boot the System Menu from the CBHC boot menu the console loads up fine until I need restart it.

I really don't want my kids touching the CBHC boot menu (one of them can't read) so hopefully there's a fix to this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have autoboot set to a homebrew app in the menu? If so that's the reason.

If so boot your Wii U and hit home button, and change autoboot to system menu. Maybe your kids changed it.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you have autoboot set to a homebrew app in the menu? If so that's the reason.

If so boot your Wii U and hit home button, and change autoboot to system menu. Maybe your kids changed it.
i dont have kids and it was set to system menu, i tried everything to make it work, but it didnt work...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but, mine problem is related to the WIIVC injector.
i was playing a injected hack rom (NSMASHD) and i restarted the console, freezes when triying to boot.

but i checked the braingage title id and the hack rom titleid, and it aint the same

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would it be a bad idea to uninstall and reinstall CBHC?
I don't know if it will help, but as long as you don't require CFW because you edited critical system titles* trying is free

* since you can run the HBL directly from CBHC, can you close it afterwards to get to the WiiU launcher without starting a cfw?

Eaglemeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it will help, but as long as you don't require CFW because you edited critical system titles* trying is free

* since you can run the HBL directly from CBHC, can you close it afterwards to get to the WiiU launcher without starting a cfw?
If I choose HBL directly from the boot menu and then when on the HBL screen push the home button it briefly flashes the Home button with a cross-out symbol on it (like the Ghostbusters logo) and then it takes me to the Mii creation screen. If I say close on the Mii Creation screen it then boots into the System Menu without any issues.

Does this give any clue in what element/code is failing? It's a pretty cut and dry follow-the-instructions hack + CBHC. I don't recall doing anything off script, so to speak.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I choose HBL directly from the boot menu and then when on the HBL screen push the home button it briefly flashes the Home button with a cross-out symbol on it (like the Ghostbusters logo) and then it takes me to the Mii creation screen. If I say close on the Mii Creation screen it then boots into the System Menu without any issues.

Does this give any clue in what element/code is failing?
Not really, it's what you would normally get by running the elf/rpx version of the HBL - but it proves that you can indeed still boot if you were to remove CBHC

Eaglemeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, it's what you would normally get by running the elf/rpx version of the HBL - but it proves that you can indeed still boot if you were to remove CBHC

Just to be sure I'm understanding what's going on here:
From the CBHC autoboot menu if I choose system menu it does load haxchi, but if select Homebrew Launcher from this menu its not loading haxchi?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From the CBHC autoboot menu if I choose system menu it does load haxchi, but if select Homebrew Launcher from this menu its not loading haxchi?
"haxchi" isn't exactly the right term (haxchi is a variant of cbhc, actually the opposite but you get the idea, with a hold-this-button versus menu-based controls which can run an homebrew or a built-in cfw) but yes, if you choose to run the HBL directly from SD it will do that without loading signature patches

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be a bad idea to uninstall and reinstall CBHC?
Did you uninstall it via the CBHC uninstaller or via the data management?

It has to load a patched sysnand or with better words haxchi, without this you couldn't run unsigned code.

Eaglemeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you uninstall it via the CBHC uninstaller or via the data management?

I haven't tried yet.

I guess the next question is what's the difference between letting autoboot go to the Wii System Menu vs selecting it manually. Is it loading differently? Would it be worth posting in the official CBHC thread?[/QUOTE]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE