keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
I believe that CATSFC/BAGSFC load the SNES ROM entirely into the DSTwo's 32MB of RAM so cart speed shouldn't affect anything except initial loading time (and save times).

Peoples opinions on exactly how a Snes rom is loaded differ wildly. I've got people saying its read bit by bit off the sd card and others saying its loaded entirely in DSTwo ram. Which one is it? I want to say the latter, as like I said a delta of .7ms (which is alot in terms of random access time) seemed to make very little difference. If I knew squat about C++/Emulation I'd crack the source myself. 32Mb is alot of ram in terms of snes rom size, but I suppose you have to consider the space of the CATSFC program too. I don't know if it can be all loaded in at the same time or not.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure about this, but i know random access time matters for NDS games (those games are simply too big to be loaded into RAM)

Maybe someone like spinal_cord would know better
unsure.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
I'm not exactly sure about this, but i know random access time matters for NDS games (those games are simply too big to be loaded into RAM)

Maybe someone like spinal_cord would know better
unsure.gif

The largest SNES game (not counting the noSDD1 version of Star Ocean, which does not work on BAGSFC/CATSFC) I have seen is 4 megabytes and that is an expanded Earthbound rom.

ShadauxCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bioware.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I'm far too busy working on The Old Republic now to be able to work on this. I just don't have the free time at the moment. I apologize for the lack of updates - but the project is open source, so I'm more than willing to accept contributions if anyone would like to pitch in.

3rdStrike

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What language did you use to make this emulator, I want to look into getting Seiken densestu 3 and Mario RPG playing flawlessly

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be curious to see whether the updated DSTWO SDK will be able to help SNES emulation at all. Not a request, just an idle question sort of. Do you think further improvements can be made more easily now?

ShadauxCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bioware.com
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned, I am incredibly busy with crunch time right now. Any other developer who wants to is welcome to submit contributions and I'll make sure they're integrated, but I don't have the time or energy to do any coding on it. Don't expect any updates from me until 2012 at the soonest - I just don't have the time right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o