How to use cheat codes for SNES Contra Alien Wars III on CATSFC-libretro or RetroArch???

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Just reliving the glory days of Contra III The Alien Wars on SNES. However, this game is very challenging, and I'd like to use some cheat codes to beat it, but I have no idea how to do that, via cheat codes for CATSFC-libretro or RetroArch.

I've done some Googling and YouTubing, but with no success.

If anyone could chime in, I'd be grateful!

Thank you!

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Come on, the game is not so difficulty, otherwise hard mode , beat it more than one time when you was posting this topic, haha. But currently I speedrun up and down Super Metroid and Secret of Mana.I had use emu4vita snes2005, its great working and you can use State-Save everywhere when its to hard for you.
Anyway there was some BETA copys with 30 lives and level select. Use Flame its most powerfull. also combine weapons with press very often change weapon, so you spread both.
Read the NFO, here you go (its on hiddenpalace) ->

Contra IV: The Alien Wars (Regional Intermediate Prototype)

A near-final prototype of Contra III with its original title, featuring IV instead of III. It retains all of the Japanese original's gameplay features (difference in difficulty, cheats, etc.), but all of the text is translated to English. The prototype is in a Super Famicom cartridge. It is dated approximately 5 months before the Japanese release, according to the EPROMs.
Features 2 ROM files. One is the original, unaltered ROM data for preservation; this contains a ROM header error that prevents it from being played on most emulators. The other fixes this error (single byte).
Notes

- From the Japanese version, it retains all of the cheats (30 lives, level select, sound test); unlimited continues; full ending sequence on all 3 difficulty settings; date stamps on some images in the ending; remaining lives display method during gameplay; title screen animation; copyright information at the bottom of the title screen.
- All text is translated to English.
- Biggest difference is in the title screen, shown above. Besides "IV", "The Alien Wars" subtitle is more blandly colored.
- Spread Gun's muzzle flash is white instead of yellow (shown below); likely unintentional.
- While the end texts are in English, they are arranged like in the Japanese version. Due to this, there is no message at the bottom to press start. There is also a typo in each difficulty's end text. All in the screenshots below.
- Occasional graphical glitch during one of the final bosses (shown below).
- Attract demos are out of sync.
- ROM header contains 3 instead of III.

Super Probotector: The Alien Rebels (Sample Prototype)

- Cheats codes, only directly available in the Japanese release, are enabled by default. They are the option to select 30 lives and a stage select menu after choosing 1 or 2 player modes.
- Attract demos are out of sync and player movements in these demos do not match any other version.
- Game hangs on final/penultimate boss battle. Confirmed in multiple copies of the game.

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Peter for chiming in on this for me. You always leave detailed responses for many inquisitors and I truly respect that. You da man! And BTW, I think Super Metroid (which I am also currently playing on the Vita) is one of the best games ever made. I have fond memories of playing this game with my roommates back in 1994 while living in Miami. We all had our own save file and that game just got more awesome every time we played it, and it was always incredibly rewarding to beat a boss.

I'll look into Contra IV, and yes, I'll save often.

Thanks again!
2beer_cheer.gif

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, I still hope for a leak of the unfinshed beta or alpha copy of Super Metroid and SOM. Love it, great games.
You should easy win with 30 lives and level select in Contra beta copy, its original dump from test copy.

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch