Castlevania: Rondo of Blood Coming To Virtual Console

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    http://www.oflc.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/5b...33;OpenDocument

Looks like Konami are releasing their PC Engine classic on Nintendo's Virtual Console platform sometime next year on for Australia at least. This will be the second English version since it appeared on Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on PSP.

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Great
    I was considering buying Castlevania: The New Generation fo Megadrive today, but £22 boxed?
    pfft.

3. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    shows JAPANESE origin but AUS release so could this mean tht the US and EN versions would be much later than AUS or is it just tht this classification was found first here
    this would be for the wiiware right? i wonder why they have not implemented the policy on the DSiWare for them to release old games rather than downloadable simpler and smaller games... is it cuz the DS is weak... i dont think so

4. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Sweet, this is my favorite classic Castlevania title.

5. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    For some reason I have never enjoyed Castlevania games much, nor many 2D platformers. I just can't get into them, including NSMB. :/

6. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The game was originally developed in Japan hence "Japan origin" and yes so far only the Australian classification has been found. Usually with Nintendo's downloadable content, all PAL territories get the games around the same time.

It'll be virtual console, would make sense seeing there are already PC Engine titles and Konami/Nintendo could charge a higher than usual price and release it with other games on their "Hanabi Festival" occasions that they do with games that haven't been released in Europe. Also they've still yet to release the WiiWare Castlevania title anywhere but Japan just yet.

EDIT: Its is 100% VC as its already out on the Japanese service.

7. blackdragonbaham

Member blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    i only played the snes adaption 'castlevania x'; and damn the game is so difficult, like the ds games more, but though nice game