[Update] Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood rated for PS4

IMG_1503.JPG

Yet another ratings board leak reveals the existence of an upcoming game. Konami appears to have something up their sleeves called Castlevania Requiem, which according to the Korean Ratings Board listing, is a collection of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood. There's currently not much more information to go by, pertaining to this re-pack being a remaster or simple port. Regardless, it's been rated for release on the PlayStation 4. Both an English and Japanese version were found on the page, meaning a western release is all but guaranteed when the game gets an official announcement. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood originally released in 1993 for the PC-Engine, and featured the protagonist Richter Belmont, who was previously revealed to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Symphony of the Night was released in 1997 for the PlayStation 1, where it would go on to inspire a multitude of games to come. Both titles have been repacked before, in the PSP's Dracula X Chronicles.

:arrow: Source

Update: The ESRB has also rated this game on September 24th with the title of "Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood" and gives it the following description.

Rating Summary: This is collection of two action platformers in which players assume the role of a vampire hunter battling Dracula and other creatures. From a side-scrolling perspective, players traverse Dracula's castle to kill fantastical enemies (e.g., zombies, demons, minotaurs). Characters use whips, swords, axes, and magic to defeat enemies. Pixelated blood is depicted when players' character and creatures are killed; some attacks result in decapitation and dismemberment of creatures, including a boss character that loses its body parts and entrails.

Konami has made no official announcement at this time.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So games need to be re-rated?
How long does a rating last for? (different per country I guess)
The OP metions Korean so maybe it's just getting rated in South Korea and hasn't been before?
And if it had already been rated, we wouldn't know exactly what games would be in requiem.
I think I get it :)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Symphony of the Night was such a good game, I wouldn't mind playing it again, though I'd really want to play it on the go... (Switch, lol).
I bought the ps1 version on the store for vita, it was my first time, it was really good on it!

Reactions: Issac
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SotN is one of those games that playing it on an emulator is almost a necessity. There's that unskippable minutes-long text crawl in the beginning. The worst thing to do on this game is to die. You first have to sit and look at an unskippable Game Over image for what feels like an eternity, and then you get sent all the way back to the main menu and forced to go through all the steps to load your save.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
Reactions: elBenyo

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Another PS4 "remaster" of a game that was available on the PSP that "remastered"/"remade" another PSX title.

With PaRappa 1, MediEvil coming out soon(tm) and now this two ones... the only one missing is Ape Escape :P

Note: I was just curious to find out about this, I'm by no means saying any of these titles are direct ports

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SotN is one of those games that playing it on an emulator is almost a necessity. There's that unskippable minutes-long text crawl in the beginning. The worst thing to do on this game is to die. You first have to sit and look at an unskippable Game Over image for what feels like an eternity, and then you get sent all the way back to the main menu and forced to go through all the steps to load your save.
I didn't really feel that way when playing it on a psp. I think it also was my first castlevania and i think the difficulty level was just about right. I mainly died a few times when trying to beat bosses, but i've never got the impression that the transitions dragged on for too long.
I mean getting transported back into the menu really is a relic of the past and it could be sped up for sure. Probably players who die more often in this game will get more annoyed by it.

A switch release would be great. Don't personally care about the console much, but it would be great if SotN could be enjoyed by a lot more players. It's truly a great game, and it shows how to do non-linear game design very well.

Last edited by Ampersound,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over