[Update] Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood rated for PS4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 19, 2018.

Front-page
    IMG_1503.JPG

Yet another ratings board leak reveals the existence of an upcoming game. Konami appears to have something up their sleeves called Castlevania Requiem, which according to the Korean Ratings Board listing, is a collection of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood. There's currently not much more information to go by, pertaining to this re-pack being a remaster or simple port. Regardless, it's been rated for release on the PlayStation 4. Both an English and Japanese version were found on the page, meaning a western release is all but guaranteed when the game gets an official announcement. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood originally released in 1993 for the PC-Engine, and featured the protagonist Richter Belmont, who was previously revealed to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Symphony of the Night was released in 1997 for the PlayStation 1, where it would go on to inspire a multitude of games to come. Both titles have been repacked before, in the PSP's Dracula X Chronicles.

:arrow: Source

Update: The ESRB has also rated this game on September 24th with the title of "Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood" and gives it the following description.

Konami has made no official announcement at this time.

FEF1, T-hug and Xzi like this.
    Discussion (59 replies)
  1. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Prooly port of PSP versions, which are emulated essentially, so it's a port of an emulator.

hug0-a7x, SrTommy, RedoLane and 3 others like this.
  2. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    well, guess I need to buy it again ...

3. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    IS it the PSP version of Rhondo of Blood? If so I -may- pick it up for ease of playing.

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Oh what a coincidence, I was playing SOTN on the Xbox One this morning.

5. JamiePashley

JamiePashley Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2011
    United Kingdom
    England
    I'll take this as a sign that i finally need to play SotN.. i might bump it up a few spots on my backlog

6. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    I know this will be a port but secretly I want a remake -.-

ov3rkill and cearp like this.
  7. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    So games need to be re-rated?
    How long does a rating last for? (different per country I guess)
    The OP metions Korean so maybe it's just getting rated in South Korea and hasn't been before?
    And if it had already been rated, we wouldn't know exactly what games would be in requiem.
    I think I get it :)

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    Could it be?... That they release something CastleVania on Nintendo in the future? I loved Symphony of the Night, those where the days.

Xzi likes this.
  9. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Symphony of the Night was such a good game, I wouldn't mind playing it again, though I'd really want to play it on the go... (Switch, lol).

RedoLane and sarkwalvein like this.
  10. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    I bought the ps1 version on the store for vita, it was my first time, it was really good on it!

Issac likes this.
  11. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official anthro shark

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    BuT wiLL tHeSe GaMeS gEt ReLeAsEd On SwotCh???

12. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    United States
    Calling it now. Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night Pachinko machines.

13. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    SotN is one of those games that playing it on an emulator is almost a necessity. There's that unskippable minutes-long text crawl in the beginning. The worst thing to do on this game is to die. You first have to sit and look at an unskippable Game Over image for what feels like an eternity, and then you get sent all the way back to the main menu and forced to go through all the steps to load your save.

Last edited by Subtle Demise, Sep 19, 2018
    elBenyo likes this.
  14. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    don't type like that, it's annoying. but yes. for $60 each. just guessing but $60 for a pc engine game seems about what nintendo would do in 2018...

15. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Another PS4 "remaster" of a game that was available on the PSP that "remastered"/"remade" another PSX title.

With PaRappa 1, MediEvil coming out soon(tm) and now this two ones... the only one missing is Ape Escape :P

Note: I was just curious to find out about this, I'm by no means saying any of these titles are direct ports

16. Ampersound

Ampersound Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    Germany
    I didn't really feel that way when playing it on a psp. I think it also was my first castlevania and i think the difficulty level was just about right. I mainly died a few times when trying to beat bosses, but i've never got the impression that the transitions dragged on for too long.
    I mean getting transported back into the menu really is a relic of the past and it could be sped up for sure. Probably players who die more often in this game will get more annoyed by it.

A switch release would be great. Don't personally care about the console much, but it would be great if SotN could be enjoyed by a lot more players. It's truly a great game, and it shows how to do non-linear game design very well.

Last edited by Ampersound, Sep 19, 2018
  17. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Ahh, Konami. I haven't heard that name in so long.

18. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    you could play it on the PSP 11 years ago :P

invaderyoyo likes this.
  19. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Did not that version have issues though with performance?

20. mesakagi

mesakagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    I only played the first half hour of symophony of the night, the game is hard as balls