Castlevania Anniversary Collection releases on May 16th, includes eight games

konami-castlevania-anniv.jpg

Classic game compilations have always been popular, and Konami is ready to cash in on the trend by releasing a package of retro Castlevania titles in the Castlevania Anniversary Collection. Celebrating the company's 50th anniversary, Castlevania Anniversary Collection will include eight games from the franchise, with half of the lineup having been revealed last month: Castlevania, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, and Super Castlevania IV. The remaining titles have been revealed, with some of them perhaps being unexpected additions. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania: The Adventure, Castlevania Bloodlines, and Kid Dracula have been revealed for inclusion. This will also mark the first official western release of Kid Dracula for the Nintendo Entertainment System, which had a Game Boy version in North America, but the NES version never made its way to English territories. Castlevania Anniversary Collection launches on May 16th as a digital only title for the Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 and will cost $19.99.

:arrow: Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, don't put Symphony of The Night on there, even though its one of the most influential games of al time. But Kid Dracula? OF COURSE!
This one seems to be only the "classic" castlevania games. Supposedly they also mentioned it's the first Castlevania collection, so they might do another one with games like SotN, Rondo of Blood and the GBA/DS Castlevanias later. Plus SotN and Rondo of Blood recently got a PS4 port, they might want to cash in on that for a bit longer first.

D

Deleted User

Lords of Shadow would be dope to have on the go. The story was actually pretty decent to be honest especially later in the game.

Daaaaaamn right ! :yay:
I loved it, the medieval ambiance, the sad and heavy atmosphere, the gorgeous backgrounds, the soundtrack, and dang, the story !
Even the Gameplay was really good :)

LoS2 had a lot of potential and many, many great scenes (the invasion, the awakening, almost every boss fight, Dracula's castle "open world", Eu sunt Dracul for **** sake!), you feel the passion of the devs, but the management hell it fell in killed it https://www.destructoid.com/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-s-development-was-troubled-271310.phtml

My only hope to enjoy LoS on the go is the GPD (expensive) or the SmachZ (backed, so one third of the price...if it ever comes out...).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow :blink:

What a shame. Not to mention there was a collection of Arcade games released yesterday that had Haunted Castle on there. (That's a castlevania game by the way) I doubt people will be happy to pay $20 for those games. Missed opportunity for the castlevania "Rebirth" wii ware game to become available again as well. :ninja:

Reactions: Silent_Gunner
D

Deleted User

I will make a Japanese Nintendo account to download this. The Japanese release of Castlevania III has better audio and Super Castlevania IV is censured in the west. No Symphony of the Night is a disappointment.

Reactions: osaka35

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same for PS4.. Disappointment!

I am hoping for Symphony of The Night and Castlevania Lords of the Shadow 1 and 2 for Switch as well as for PS4. Again.. DISAPPOINTMENT! I will ignored it instead! An emulators are fine for me and I have Castlevania Lords of the Shadow 1 and 2 for PS3. Thats alright.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow :blink:

What a shame. Not to mention there was a collection of Arcade games released yesterday that had Haunted Castle on there. (That's a castlevania game by the way) I doubt people will be happy to pay $20 for those games. Missed opportunity for the castlevania "Rebirth" wii ware game to become available again as well. :ninja:
I think people wil be happy to pay 20 dollars which = 2.5 dollars per game

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people wil be happy to pay 20 dollars which = 2.5 dollars per game

Yeah, because they don't know what they are doing. They will go for it because they obviously don't understand it. For me, those are the crap.. Konami just wants our money. The problem is -- We want what we want on it but it is not what we are looking for then no money for them.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, because they don't know what they are doing. They will go for it because they obviously don't understand it. For me, those are the crap.. Konami just wants our money. The problem is -- We want what we want on it but it is not what we are looking for then no money for them.
Classicvania isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I'm not going to say that the people who want this "don't know what they're doing" or "obviously don't understand it."

A collection of the Metroidvania games would be right up my alley, though, especially if it had the Sorrow games.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nice throwback compilation. Makes perfect sense to have these games.
Anything more recent is better to be sold in the eShop, standalone.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uh, link is bad (double copy). Not sure why they didn't include all the 2D Castlevania games or at least all before date X. I mean, it looks like they're mostly close in that regard (except missing all the various versions on home consoles, some of which have really nice synth music). *sigh*

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder how they got input from to compile this collection. They didn’t ask gamers, that’s for sure. Maybe the circle of the moon and aria of sorrow will get a virtual console release for $8.99 per game. Or perhaps more games could be added via update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over