Castlevania Anniversary Collection releases on May 16th, includes eight games

konami-castlevania-anniv.jpg

Classic game compilations have always been popular, and Konami is ready to cash in on the trend by releasing a package of retro Castlevania titles in the Castlevania Anniversary Collection. Celebrating the company's 50th anniversary, Castlevania Anniversary Collection will include eight games from the franchise, with half of the lineup having been revealed last month: Castlevania, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, and Super Castlevania IV. The remaining titles have been revealed, with some of them perhaps being unexpected additions. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania: The Adventure, Castlevania Bloodlines, and Kid Dracula have been revealed for inclusion. This will also mark the first official western release of Kid Dracula for the Nintendo Entertainment System, which had a Game Boy version in North America, but the NES version never made its way to English territories. Castlevania Anniversary Collection launches on May 16th as a digital only title for the Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 and will cost $19.99.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hahaha damn, I called it.

Inb4 two of the "Four mystery games" are Castlevania The Adventure for GB and Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest for NES. Because they can't give us anything newer than damn SNES.

I mean, they are only listing four more games per franchise.
Four unknown games for Castlevania, and other 4 for Contra.
We have Castlevania I, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (This is the Gameboy game, not Simon's Quest on NES), Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse and Super Castlevania IV.

It seems odd that they purposely left out Castlevania II: Simon's Quest on NES and also Castlevania: The Adventure on Gameboy, but they included the all the other games on the NES and the sequel to the Gameboy one in the list.

I am not saying we might not get Symphony of the Night nor any of the DS ones, but given the current list and what they left out, I wouldn't get my hopes high for some of the more cool Castlevanias.
Odds are they might include whatever they can from the 8-bit and 16-bit era.
With some luck, we might get Bloodlines in there, that's a high contender to be one of the mystery 4.

As for the rest, with the planets aligning and all, maybe... MAYBE Rondo of Blood and Symphony.
It would be pretty stupid of them not to include one of the two, but then again, it's Konami, they are not well known for being "smart" in their decisions as of late.

No Symphony f the Night, but they gave us Kid Dracula instead. xD
And to think that I thought about that as a mere joke haha.
Good play, Konami.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we get the Japanese version of Castlevania 3 in English and the helpful rom hack of CastleVania 2 based on this? castlevania II simon's quest redaction

trust me there the better version's

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a huge fan of Castlevania but not for those consoles.. Lazy!! COME ON! I will make better one.. Below:

ThumbsDownEmoji.jpg

I prefer the list for 50th anniversary -

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
Castlevania Requiem
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate re-release
Castlevania: Bloodlines (SEGA Genesis only but for Stream/XBOXone/PS4 and Switch - perfect)

Those are best list should be for Nintendo Switch/PS4/ XBOXone/ and Stream.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!
Here's to hoping there's a Vol.II that collects SotN, Rondo, the GBA and DS games. The LoS games are BC on XBO, so aside from the 64 games, we'd be about covered in playing these on modern hardware.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we get the Japanese version of Castlevania 3 in English and the helpful rom hack of CastleVania 2 based on this? castlevania II simon's quest redaction

trust me there the better version's

Akumajou Densetsu 3 has the VRC-6/MMC audio chip and adds a few additional sound channels. US NES version sounds boring.

Reactions: Glyptofane

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
At this point I am wishing vey hard that the Collection 2 exists and is a compilation of the IGAvanias for the Switch with lots of goodies. What a dream.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder why Symphony of The Night has never been on Nintendo.
They famously tried for Wiiware but just couldn't fit the game into the 50MB limit.. I'm sure we'll see it somewhere down the line on Switch, suppose it might depend on how well the Switch version of this sells.

Not a bad list for me, this... I'm old enough to have been a kid when the first Castlevania came out for the NES: it honestly holds a place in my heart almost on a par with SMB1... [The Japanese version of] 3 is also great, and Super Castlevania IV will always be my fave game in the franchise - there I said it (and DAMN, that soundtrack on it! :wub:) . Again would prefer the Japanese version of that: removing the blood, and hilariously replacing it with green ooze, Turtles style, in the Dungeon level, eww!

......but anyway, I've got several ways of playing these games already, so not buying this. Like has been already said the 'wildcard' entry of Famicom Kid Dracula is just not good enough - Wiiware Rebirth would've been a far more tempting option. No thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1