Hacking Captain Rainbow Translation POC

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a working parser a while ago. It could parse all of the item names and descriptions, and a LOT of the dialog text.

I might start work on this again soon if I can get some translators who are interested. Might be a nice change of pace from Brawl+

LucaLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kirameki.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I'm here. We have worked on Giftpia as well (all the script in 2 months), and our translator can do it in english too. We'll do it anyway, with a patch or not, so if someone really want to do the hacking part, come on.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LucaLink said:
I'm here. We have worked on Giftpia as well (all the script in 2 months), and our translator can do it in english too. We'll do it anyway, with a patch or not, so if someone really want to do the hacking part, come on.

I'm in. Where do you want me to go?

LucaLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kirameki.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
It's our first time doing a patch, I really don't know what you have to do, I'm sorry.
If it's necessary a channel or a forum for speaking in private i can arrange something, tell me what you do usually for projects like this, please. And thanks for offering ^^

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LucaLink said:
It's our first time doing a patch, I really don't know what you have to do, I'm sorry.
If it's necessary a channel or a forum for speaking in private i can arrange something, tell me what you do usually for projects like this, please. And thanks for offering ^^

All I need to know is if you have a hub where I can commmute with the translator. I'll extract the text, he/she will translate it, and I'll put it back in. A forum would be nice, or an IRC channel.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tonitonichopchop said:
LucaLink said:

All I need to know is if you have a hub where I can commmute with the translator. I'll extract the text, he/she will translate it, and I'll put it back in. A forum would be nice, or an IRC channel.

QUOTE(TempusC @ Feb 2 2010, 01:24 PM)
IRC is my usual stomping grounds. I hang out on irc.freenode.net and irc.efnet.com. In fact, I went ahead and registered #CaptainRainbow on freenode, just in case.
Do it
tongue.gif

Also, webchat.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS THIS FOR GIFTPIA? AFBOIALBJDIUFBAKF

OH MY GOD THAT GAME I was so sad when they cancelled at E3
frown.gif

I'd love an english translation (saw the Italian one, looks pretty good, even with Google translate) but I'd adore an actual patch for the game.

Thank you guys if this is actually going to happen! I can help with testing (if you're going to release a patch), my GiFTPiA disc is sitting there, half completed. I can rip it and apply test patches
smile.gif

Conor

Trophies
XP
Country
So, is TempusC actually helping to hack captain rainbow? if so, awesome...that fatal frame translation is amazing.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
It’s an easy game to hack. Level required is about an intelligent 1st or second year comp-sci/soft-eng with some knowledge of hex, probably. The translation is the tough point, and there is really no word about them getting set up. Also, the translator who gets the jokes speaks italian.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nope! I’ve been contacted by no less than five different ‘groups’, but not a single one has answered my request that they either come on IRC or tell me the forums/chat they are using so I can chat with them and give them the info they want.

I can only assume that the groups are falling apart as fast as my bike does (P.S. very fast).

When a group with enough individuals with determination and knowledge arrive, it will get started I guess!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: