Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kirameki.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Hi again!

We're finally getting back on track with Captain Rainbow, but we're having a issue with riivolution. I sent a message to Tempus before realizing he doesn't come here since january.

Here is a short video of the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/?d385mwc6opjppou
In this video I'm loading a patched file, but then I tried loading it without anything added or changed, and the same problem showed up again, so I believe it's not the patch's fault.

As you can see, the japanese characters in the game loading screen are screwed, and most of all, the images are vertically enlarged during the opening.
Here you can view the original intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kCbxaloDKg

Actually, the screwed characters pop up even when loading an original iso with a usb loader, while the graphic bug happens only with riivolution.

How can I get help with it? If I can help you understand the problem in other ways let me know, thank you!

LucaLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kirameki.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah but, if I just load the disc with geckos, the characters are fine. If I load the disc with riivolution, or the iso with a usb loader, they're messed up.

Anyway, since we'll eventually replace them, we shouldn't worry about them. The main problem regards the enlarged images, it makes the opening text unreadable.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LucaLink said:
Hi again!

We're finally getting back on track with Captain Rainbow, but we're having a issue with riivolution. I sent a message to Tempus before realizing he doesn't come here since january.

Here is a short video of the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/?d385mwc6opjppou
In this video I'm loading a patched file, but then I tried loading it without anything added or changed, and the same problem showed up again, so I believe it's not the patch's fault.

As you can see, the japanese characters in the game loading screen are screwed, and most of all, the images are vertically enlarged during the opening.
Here you can view the original intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kCbxaloDKg

Actually, the screwed characters pop up even when loading an original iso with a usb loader, while the graphic bug happens only with riivolution.

How can I get help with it? If I can help you understand the problem in other ways let me know, thank you!
The enlarged image problem is probably just a video mode issue. Riivolution doesn't force video modes, so if your wii is set to 576i you'll need to manually change it to 480i or 480p.
The font thing is an easy fix, the language needs to be forced to japanese. I'll give you the required patch after I've confirmed it as a fix (if Tempus doesn't beat me to it).

LucaLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kirameki.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Splendid, it was an easy fix. I use my wii mostly on an old tv, so it was set to 50HZ. I just changed to 60HZ and now it works perfectly.

Thank you very much, for the font patch too!

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Happy to hear things are back on track with Rainbow. I'm so grateful that people like yourself take the time to spread happiness to others. Thanks!

LucaLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kirameki.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Page of Captain rainbow updated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVlgeK9cTAU

Like I say on the site, this video is not something you can be extremely excited about, because the opening is the easiest part to patch. Anyway, it's good to see it. It's even a bit old, as you can see, because I was waiting for the italian version, and we first needed to create the accented letters to do that
tongue.gif

Other images soon!

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks better and better in every update video!
Remember to contact me after hacking is done to get back to script editing. Can't wait!

Also, kind of off-topic, but is there any chance for a Giftpia patch? I tried playing it with the translation guide on the Kirameki site and, while it works, it's kinda difficult to play through.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Giftpia in english, finished: http://kirameki.alte...eng/giftpia.php

Have a good time with this game, I loved it.
Sorry to bump by such a large gap, but how can I put the the game in EN, since there is no patch?
I think what the translator meant by "no patch" was that you're just supposed to play the game in Japanese on the gamecube on your TV, while simultaneously reading the English translation on your computer. So, each time you see Japanese text on your TV, you turn to your computer and find the corresponding translation of that text, after reading that, you turn back to the TV and continue the game. This may sound tedious, but I know of at least another game with a translation project that worked like this.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see this project is finally nearing completion. I was involved with editing a few years back but sadly deserted, so I'm glad to see that the project never stopped and is finally coming to fruition. If you guys need anymore help with English text editing, I would be happy to assist you since I've now wracked up some years of experience and a bit more maturity. Thanks a lot for sticking with it ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place