Capcom resurrecting Power Stone? (Maybe)

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An article of IGN from 2020 shows they may be doing a remake: https://www.ign.com/articles/capcom-leak-dragons-dogma-2-street-fighter-6

Man, I really hope so! I love PS1-2 and these games are mostly forgotten due to Capcom not porting it to newer consoles.

However, via emulation you can play it on your phones and on your PSP/Vita (it received a widescreen remaster).

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah that'd be awesome. Power Stone was always my second favorite "non-traditional" fighting game, just behind Smash Bros. Really fun to pick up and play for everyone, casual gamer or not.

I think as a AA title with crossplay, priced at $30 to $40 it would sell quite well.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah that'd be awesome. Power Stone was always my second favorite "non-traditional" fighting game, just behind Smash Bros. Really fun to pick up and play for everyone, casual gamer or not.

I think as a AA title with crossplay, priced at $30 to $40 it would sell quite well.
I keep going back to PS more these days since I can just load Flycast via RA on my phone and play it. Even have the demo disc of PS1 just for the fun of it.

Also, I noticed virtual discs can be loaded so I'll be trying Bleemcast's Tekken 3 and the other few games made compatible with the DC. What a beast Dreamcast was, damn shame it died so quickly.

Reactions: Xzi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never got to play it, but even a PS2 remake would be more refreshing than all these games trying to be the next SSB. I think the next Smash should have some full on 3d maps/modes to change things up.

That said, I just learned about Divine Knockout.

Reactions: Marc_LFD and Xzi
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As much as I'd love for this to be a new PW game, I imagine it must be just them renewing the copyright/trademark/whatever on their IP to make sure to not lose said, mh.

Oh, ok, actually checked the article and your post more clearly, uh, I'm dumb. Eh, I wouldn't still hold my hopes up much.
Call me a cynical asshole, but seeing how the videogame industry be nowadays, if they really made a new PW game or what, it'd probably be a bug-ridden, unfinished "live service" game with so little content that'd die in less than a year or what, mh.
I hope to be wrong if a new PW actually happens... but rather not look forward to it.

Myself I got burned too many times to get hyped about anything... last time I allowed myself to do so, was with Chocobo GP, as Chocobo Racing on the ps1 is a dear childhood game of mine... and GP ended up being a cancerous growth. Not talking just the monetization bs, the game itself was awful, I played shovelware kart games that were better than that, ugh.
Right now the only game I'm looking forward some is Karters 2, since that's basically Crash Team Racing, the best kart racing game there is, and that's a fact, but on PC, uh. Still fuck you craptivision-shitzard fron not porting CTR:NF on PC, ugh.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Call me a cynical asshole, but seeing how the videogame industry be nowadays, if they really made a new PW game or what, it'd probably be a bug-ridden, unfinished "live service" game with so little content that'd die in less than a year or what, mh.
TBF modern Capcom hasn't been making these sorts of bad decisions. They just release full premium games with one big DLC each (excluding fighting games).

rambonz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure i'm ready for power stone with dual analog sticks. Capcom has a pretty hit or miss record with updating control schemes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?