• Replies 93
  • Likes 12

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Monster Hunter. But that ship has sailed long ago.

There isn't much Sony can do to save the Vita. They should just slowly discontinue the device and put all their support towards the PS4.

Monster Hunter is an invalid argument, since it's 3DS exclusive.
Aside from that, you gave none, which makes me say again, stop criticizing my ideas until you have something better to say

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Monster Hunter is an invalid argument, since it's 3DS exclusive.
Aside from that, you gave none, which makes me say again, stop criticizing my ideas until you have something better to say
I don't have to suggest something else to tell you that your ideas are shit.

Already told you that the only thing that could really save the Vita is Monster Hunter. But it's too late for that. Or a triple-dose of an exclusive Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest but let's be realistic here.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many horrible ideas in this thread. The Last of Us on the Vita? A Chrono Trigger remake? What the genuine fuck.

The Vita needed a Monster Hunter game but it's too late for that. That shit is 3DS exclusive now. The most you can hope from the Vita is super niche Japanese games before the system becomes irrelevant (2014, I would guess).

And Gravity Rush ain't no system-seller. Fuck, the game ain't even that good.

...In Japan. Monster Hunter won't sell shit anywhere else.

I'm waiting to see how Killzone: Mercs does, it probably won't appeal in Japan but Killzone has a decent audience outside of Japan and carries a pretty big brand name behind it like Uncharted.

I don't think it needs new IPs, no handheld really does. Even 3DS games are just extensions of old IPs. That's not a criticism, that's a good strategy. Being able to take your favorite series on-the-go (like Mario, Uncharted, whatever) is an appeal of handheld games. There's a place for new IPs, but expecting people to see Soul Sacrifice and go "WELL THIS RANDOM NONAME TITLE MAKES ME WANT TO BUY THE SYSTEM" is just not a reality.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have to suggest something else to tell you that your ideas are shit.

Yes you do, unless you show us a good suggestion, you're just been a dick trying to show off

Already told you that the only thing that could really save the Vita is Monster Hunter (If you can only thing that small I'm sorry for you been such stupid narrow-minded). But it's too late for that. Or a triple-dose of an exclusive Metal Gear Solid (Not gonna happen), Final Fantasy (I already suggested that) and Dragon Quest (It's not gonna happen) but let's be realistic here.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Metal Gear Solid being written off? Doesn't the Fox Engine run on the Vita? Considering a Metal Gear Solid game has been on EVERY Sony console in existence, it's not out of the question for a Vita version.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is Metal Gear Solid being written off? Doesn't the Fox Engine run on the Vita? Considering a Metal Gear Solid game has been on EVERY Sony console in existence, it's not out of the question for a Vita version.
I don't see it being written off. It's very likely to happen in my opinion, seeing as how Peace Walker is the ONLY PSP game I still see new on retail shelves. On the other hand, I feel Konami would have already teased a project as they do with most of Sony's launches.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

A triple-dose of exclusive Metal Gear Solid for Vita?
You're very optimistic if you believe that'll ever happen.

But I guess you just didn't read the triple-dose ;)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I say a remake, I mean a complete remake.
Having complete new graphics, battles using 3D engines, world made of 3D models, but from top-down angle, voice acting and even more anime cutscenes,
Nostalgia whores would complain "You're ruining my childhood bla bla bla", but at the end most of them would buy it.
Well, I don't remember when it was, but SE has said some time ago they wouldn't do anything with the game, they didn't wan't to ruin the game with a bad sequel (well, Chrono Cross isn't exactly a sequel), I doubt they'd seriously consider changing the changing the whole game, and if they did, I doubt they'd put it on a portable system like the Vita or 3DS, but rather the WiiU or PS4, which I highly doubt either...
In order to make the game fully 3D, they'd have to change the whole game, and that is something that could go terribly wrong, some games just don't work well in 3D.

Dragon Quest remakes are pretty much released only for the Nintendo handhelds nowadays, so that isn't a choice either, as for Final Fantasy, most remakes have been for Nintendo too (plus, I read somewhere that SE was considering a FFV remake for the 3DS if the console sold well), so I don't see much from there either, although Sony usually gets new games instead like Crysis Core, Dissiada and Type-0 IIRC, so they could be making a new game along those lines.

One game that I imagine SE will release for the Vita is some sort of Kingdom Hearts, the series have been spread between Sony and Nintendo handhelds, so I imagine they'll continue doing the same. I can see a KH game being a system seller for a lot of people, especially if it comes with new stuff.

I don't really see the Vita as a commercial failure, it is facing pretty hard times, so developers are fearful right now, once it gets a bit of momentum I'm sure it'll get more games, kinda like the PSP.
Although it'll probably never surpass the 3DS in terms of sales, since that'd be pretty hard.

Reactions: VMM

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I don't remember when it was, but SE has said some time ago they wouldn't do anything with the game, they didn't wan't to ruin the game with a bad sequel (well, Chrono Cross isn't exactly a sequel), I doubt they'd seriously consider changing the changing the whole game, and if they did, I doubt they'd put it on a portable system like the Vita or 3DS, but rather the WiiU or PS4, which I highly doubt either...
In order to make the game fully 3D, they'd have to change the whole game, and that is something that could go terribly wrong, some games just don't work well in 3D.

Dragon Quest remakes are pretty much released only for the Nintendo handhelds nowadays, so that isn't a choice either, as for Final Fantasy, most remakes have been for Nintendo too (plus, I read somewhere that SE was considering a FFV remake for the 3DS if the console sold well), so I don't see much from there either, although Sony usually gets new games instead like Crysis Core, Dissiada and Type-0 IIRC, so they could be making a new game along those lines.

One game that I imagine SE will release for the Vita is some sort of Kingdom Hearts, the series have been spread between Sony and Nintendo handhelds, so I imagine they'll continue doing the same. I can see a KH game being a system seller for a lot of people, especially if it comes with new stuff.

I don't really see the Vita as a commercial failure, it is facing pretty hard times, so developers are fearful right now, once it gets a bit of momentum I'm sure it'll get more games, kinda like the PSP.
Although it'll probably never surpass the 3DS in terms of sales, since that'd be pretty hard.

Agreed with everything, except Chrono Trigger part, since it's kind of a sequel, and sold as one.

It's funny how people dramatize Vita situation.
Neither PS3 or PSP started with good sells, they took a lot of time to lucrative for Sony, but they survived and have excellent exclusive titles.
PSVita is having a slow start like PS3 and PSP, but it will sure have a momentum and have outstanding games.
Let's just be patient ^_^

D

Deleted_171835

OP
@VMM

All you've proven is that you don't know jackshit about sales.

The PSP and PS3 never sold as badly as the Vita. Retailers didn’t stop stocking those systems. The systems (mostly the PS3) had promising games coming out in the future so people knew that sales would pick up eventually.

Want to know about the Vita's situation? It’s selling worse than the Dreamcast. There are hardly any games coming out in the future. Some retailers have stopped stocking the device. And Sony ain't doing shit.

Sales. It's the reason Revelations isn't on the system. It's the reason Disney Infinity is on every single system except for the Vita. It's the reason Zone of the Enders qHD isn't coming out for the system any more. It's the reason there are very few notable games coming out in the future.

Reactions: thewarhammer

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Agreed with everything, except Chrono Trigger part, since it's kind of a sequel, and sold as one.

It's funny how people dramatize Vita situation.
Neither PS3 or PSP started with good sells, they took a lot of time to lucrative for Sony, but they survived and have excellent exclusive titles.
PSVita is having a slow start like PS3 and PSP, but it will sure have a momentum and have outstanding games.
Let's just be patient ^_^

...I think Vita's situation is a little bit uglier than PS3's years ago. At least the PS3 already had some hot exclusives promised since the beginning. For now, I think Vita needs something like GoW, a fast-selling quality-certified title. Something like Monster Hunter would be good too, even with it's fanbase being strongly Japan-only, it would raise the expectations of the system on Japan, which could raise the interest of some 3rd parties. But one thing is certain: for now, the big step to "save" Vita is mostly Sony's responsability...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NelsonHaHa.jpg

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the tables have turned. When the Gamecube was released, many exclusives either were botched on the Gamecube or went to PS2/Xbox instead. Now here we are, both this game and Monster Hunter get Nintendo exclusivity. All I can say is serves 'em right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty no i mean i had to go in the shitbox