• Replies 93
  • Likes 12

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure Capcom realise there is no money to be made on a Vita version. 3DS version has sold quite well and people that haven't played it, will now get it on the home consoles instead. The install base just isn't there YET (if ever) to be a viable platform to spend money porting over to

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because something that was mentioned several times in another thread definitely deserves its own news thread because it's totally not being spiteful at all.

Nope, just noteworthy news here guys.
the other thread talks about the new RE:RE port to home consoles, this threads talks about capcom's announcement/excuse/explanation why it isnt coming specifically for the vita

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the other thread talks about the new RE:RE port to home consoles, this threads talks about capcom's announcement/excuse/explanation why it isnt coming specifically for the vita

Which we already knew about and it seems rather obvious this thread is just to go "Haha vita sux".

I'm just saying I can smell the spitefulness from a mile away.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which we already knew about and it seems rather obvious this thread is just to go "Haha vita sux".

you are missing the point... that thread talks about the port itself... you can go and talk about how the HD graphics are better, the textures are better, they can put more monsters onscreen and how much crap the 3ds one looks comparing it to the ps3/xbox360/wiiU/pc

while this threads talks about capcoms decision not to port it to the vita according to their explanation

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't think anyone has said the Vita sucks, the hardware is fantastic. Now if you wanted to say it's sales suck ass then yeah I think you would have a hard time finding some one to disagree.

Great machine with lots of potential but for what ever reason it's just not clicking with buyers. (Could be price, could be the brand name on it, could be lack of games, at this point in time even I don't understand it....)

On the main topic, all I can say is that this move is completely motivated by money. Capcom probably lost money making games for the Vita and with things being so tight right now can't afford to "charity" a console.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has always ruled the handheld market until here recently with Android & Apple in the race. Honestly I think the Vita needs to be Sony's last handheld but thats just my opinion.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo has always ruled the handheld market until here recently with Android & Apple in the race. Honestly I think the Vita needs to be Sony's last handheld but thats just my opinion.
And leave the dedicated handheld market just for Nintendo? I personally wouldn't want that. While phones and tablets are capable of running games, they're not dedicated for it and lack pretty much in terms of gameplay (controls for one). The PSP was the first one from Sony and the PSVita is a good successor. Nintendo has a whole history of handhelds and experience.

Looking at all the great games Sony and Microsoft have made for the consoles so far vs what Nintendo has available, I hate to loose that potential. If the Wii for example was the only console of the previous generations, we'd just recently be able to see HD from consoles or play online multiplayer like on a PC. :3

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I just don't see Sony staying in the handheld market for too many more generations because if I couldn't get a system to sell I would drop out to save money. Again, this is all just an opinion. Even though I don't buy Sony systems anymore I respect them for creating the competition in the gaming industry to make games evolve quicker & better.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't see Sony staying in the handheld market for too many more generations because if I couldn't get a system to sell I would drop out to save money. Again, this is all just an opinion. Even though I don't buy Sony systems anymore I respect them for creating the competition in the gaming industry to make games evolve quicker & better.

The PSP sold. Why does everyone assume the PSP was a failure? Like this is their second handheld and admittedly it's not doing well but they can still do a price cut and introduce more software. It's not like they've tried everything and it's still dying.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
The Vita is going to be Sony's last handheld. I've been preaching this for awhile but just look at the sales and the third-party support. It's selling worse than the Gamecube and the future game library is absolutely barren. Hell, some retailers have even stopped stocking the damn device and that doesn't happen unless your system is really dead.

There's no reason for publishers to support the Vita when they could simply make their game for the much better-selling 3DS. And that's not going to change since Sony is doing jackshit.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
The Vita is going to be Sony's last handheld. Hell, some retailers have even stopped stocking the damn device and that doesn't happen unless your system is really dead.
Yes, I do live in a small town but we have a Walmart SuperCenter and they have a Vita shelf but has no systems on it and has like 3 slots of Vita games. I don't think they even order Vita stuff anymore.

The PSP sold. Why does everyone assume the PSP was a failure? Like this is their second handheld and admittedly it's not doing well but they can still do a price cut and introduce more software. It's not like they've tried everything and it's still dying.
Maybe the PSP did do well in parts of America and in Japan but from personal experience I had NOT 1 FRIEND that owned a PSP. I never seen anyone with one back in high school, on vacation or at work but there were many people with smartphones and DS/3DS. I have nothing against Sony or their handheld but honestly I didn't even know what a PSP was like at all until I played one at gamestop a few towns over a few years after they were released. Back in 2007 I had a good friend that worked in the electronics department of our local walmart and he said they don't stock PSP games/accessories anymore which was obvious when the PSP shelves were empty with no signs/posters or price tags.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the PSP did do well in parts of America and in Japan but from personal experience I had NOT 1 FRIEND that owned a PSP. I never seen anyone with one back in high school, on vacation or at work but there were many people with smartphones and DS/3DS. I have nothing against Sony or their handheld but honestly I didn't even know what a PSP was like at all until I played one at gamestop a few towns over a few years after they were released. Back in 2007 I had a good friend that worked in the electronics department of our local walmart and he said they don't stock PSP games/accessories anymore which was obvious when the PSP shelves were empty with no signs/posters or price tags.

Anecdotal evidence, bro.

The PSP sold some 70 million units. That's nowhere near the DS' sales, true, but that's still hardly failure. In fact, it sold more than the N64 and Gamecube combined by a considerable margin.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita is going to be Sony's last handheld. I've been preaching this for awhile but just look at the sales and the third-party support. It's selling worse than the Gamecube and the future game library is absolutely barren. Hell, some retailers have even stopped stocking the damn device and that doesn't happen unless your system is really dead.

There's no reason for publishers to support the Vita when they could simply make their game for the much better-selling 3DS. And that's not going to change since Sony is doing jackshit.

Retailers are funny about shelve space, a long time ago I used to work for Walmart and they had some sort of formula for calculating the profits for a given foot of shelf space and in specific markets. So in some area's they may still stock the Vita or other products that on a national level may be selling very poorly but locally are selling well. This of course doesn't help the Vita, it only helps Walmart maximize its profits and minimize its warehousing costs.

If retailers are indeed pulling the Vita off the shelves and or not restocking it, things are pretty much done. Hard to sell merchandise that's not on the shelves.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Vita is tanking because of poor sales

Poor sales because no games

No games because devs won't make them

Devs won't make them because Vita is tanking

Yeah...that makes sense.

Until we see a system-seller game, this will be a endless cycle

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until we see a system-seller game, this will be a endless cycle
it wouldn't be this way if sony did as they promised when they announced the ps vita:
"we learned from our mistakes we did with the psp, this time we will support with first/third party games both to the handheld console and the home console" my ass...
the problem is that sony is not making many first party system-seller game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc