Capcom Online Games announces 13 new titles....but.....

Ryupower

Brood
OP
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
A report by Japanese site 4Gamer has been translated by NeoGAF and lists the titles as:
  1. Monster Hunter Fronter G for PS3
  2. Monster Hunter Fronter G for WiiU
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier G for Taiwan
  4. Onimusha Soul for ‘consumer game platform’
  5. Euro Historia for browsers
  6. Monster Hunter Mezapolta Reclaimation for Browsers
  7. Street Fighter Battle Combination for iOS/Android
  8. Street Fighter x All Capcom for iOS/Android
  9. Monhun Everyday Airu Life for iOS
  10. Frontier of Discovery for iOS/Android
  11. Codename: Rio for iOS/Android
  12. Breath of Fire 6 for Browsers/iOS/Android
  13. Monster Hunter: Big Hunting Quest for iOS/Android

source

many new games
but
WHY so many mobile games(iOS/Andriord), where are vita and 3ds games?
and how many will come to the west

I saw BoF6, was happy, then noticed it was a browser game and I am now sad.
Why did you do this?
1st Mega man, now EVERY OTHER IP you have, stop messing with your IPs

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Shame Breath of Fire 6 wasn't announced for consoles. Note that none of these games are confirmed for the West yet, so nobody should be getting their hopes up.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On breath of fire 6 being a browser game.

I am actually really curious to see this -- if between javascript and webml let alone flash we can have full versions of old games or otherwise "complete games" there is no technical reason it has to fail. Bonus is many of the modern consoles also seem to have SDKs where they have large sections based on javascript, web languages and such like.
For that reason alone it finds itself on my radar.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is Bullshit Capcom fuck all these browser/mobile game garbage.....

I'm starting to really hate all this Smartphone/Tablet investment these Game companies are doing ruing good IPs with the garbage they are wasting money and time on....Deus Ex, Prince Of Persia, Breath of Fire, Onimusha "mobile games" are killing my love and respect for these Companies

Fuck Them Straight To Hell :evil:

Reactions: Duo8

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Capcom ya dun goofed again!
Breath of Fire 6 doesn't even look nor sound from the BoF mythos.
It looks more like something out of Ragnarok 1 and a Vanillaware game. :wtf:

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might not be the only way but increased investment is a path to better games no?

You said it "Better Games" which 99% of these are not.....it's the old Bait and Switch tactics

Announce something that genuinely interest their Core audience......waste money and resources "developing" these casual fast money taking "games"......then take more of our money when they release this trash to the masses

They should stick to what they "used" to be good at.....making Console Games for Gamers

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't boycott yet now is a great time to start.

Consumer slacktivism away!

Not buying games you had no interest in purchasing to begin with is not a boycott. That's just not buying a product that doesn't interest you. Avoiding Capcom entirely does nothing either - a nonexistent sale doesn't communicate all that much. If you really want to see results, just purchase the games you like and want to see more of. It's not a big deal.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
If Monster Hunter Frontier ever sees the light of day in the UK I'll be a happy bunny. Until then, my stance of this matter is a resounding 'meh'.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they want to make mobile games, all power to them. I have an android phone(like I'm sure most of you do), and am completely willing to give em a shot.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love the Onimusha series and really want a new game to come out but Onimusha Souls is a browser game that came out last year.
Maybe it's getting localized for ios/android or something..

Oh weak. Didn't know that.
Kay 0/13 is pretty bad then.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megaman, x, pheonix, edgeworth, okami, beautiful joe, airman, ghost trick detective...

seems like they are celebrating 30 years, also from the screens it looks like a card game

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You said it "Better Games" which 99% of these are not.....it's the old Bait and Switch tactics

Announce something that genuinely interest their Core audience......waste money and resources "developing" these casual fast money taking "games"......then take more of our money when they release this trash to the masses

They should stick to what they "used" to be good at.....making Console Games for Gamers

On the matter of casual things the thread in my signature says most of what I want to say there.

I am not sure I can agree that mobile games have all been bad, certainly there has been a lot of dross but funding is one way that has been seen elevate games above that and that is what I am looking at here. There is no technical reason why this can not be good so I see no reason to be dismissive of it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw