Capcom Online Games announces 13 new titles....but.....

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the matter of casual things the thread in my signature says most of what I want to say there

Not saying that Smartphone Gaming is bad as I do purchase apps n games on my Iphone 4 and Galaxy S 3.......But these are Console IP's that have no rhyme nor reason for being "Dumbed Down" just to attract Soccer Moms,Grandpas/Grandmas or anyone for that matter.

They wanna make Mobile Games.......Good come out with some original stuff. Strictly don't shit all over your reputation and our dreams for good games when clearly these are not.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is Bullshit Capcom fuck all these browser/mobile game garbage.....

I'm starting to really hate all this Smartphone/Tablet investment these Game companies are doing ruing good IPs with the garbage they are wasting money and time on....Deus Ex, Prince Of Persia, Breath of Fire, Onimusha "mobile games" are killing my love and respect for these Companies

Fuck Them Straight To Hell :evil:

Monster Hunter would do good as a browser game I think. I mean shit look at Runescape.

Anyways, I'd reeeeally love it if Nintendo just paid Capcom enough so Monster Hunter became exclusive to Nintendo with Capcom still developing it. I loooove Ultimate. But shit, give us more. It sucks Monster Hunter 4 is 3DS only.

D

Deleted_171835

Sold, thank you very much Capcom, my lass and I are loving you to bits. :yay:
Monster Hunter Frontier G is supposed to be pretty shitty compared to the regular Monster Hunter games...and it won't be localized.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter Frontier G is supposed to be pretty shitty compared to the regular Monster Hunter games...and it won't be localized.

How is it "supposed" to be shitty? It's not even out yet, shame it's not coming state-side.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MOBILE GAMES!? How can I show how unique and hardcore of a gamer I am if im paying 5 bucks for a game on my iPhone! I mean, FUCK the fact that there are how many fucking tablets that are stronger then the Vita, FUCK the fact that I would be getting a more convenient and mobile of the games I also love on my consoles, FUCK the fact that my 3DS already has like, 4 AAA IPs from Capcom with more coming. MOBILE GAMING ALMOST MAKES ME AS MAD AS THE XBOX ONE!!!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fud9mTm.png

2 series that were much beloved destroyed.

Reactions: macmanhigh

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't see a problem with mobile games as long as they're made "seriously". iOS and Android are wide-spread and for a turn-based RPG you really don't need more input than the touchscreen provides. If the title ends up being high-quality at a bargain price, I can't see how the new Breath of Fire wouldn't Breath some Fire into the Android and iOS stores. ;)

Reactions: gamefan5

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Consumer slacktivism away!

Not buying games you had no interest in purchasing to begin with is not a boycott. That's just not buying a product that doesn't interest you. Avoiding Capcom entirely does nothing either - a nonexistent sale doesn't communicate all that much. If you really want to see results, just purchase the games you like and want to see more of. It's not a big deal.
Or you you can purchase things from developers whose practices don't annoy you. I would seriously suggest not buying the rare Capcom titles you are interested in if you are frustrated with the majority of their decisions. That's a level of self control I don't realistically expect from gamers but I'll assume the best of people. And yeah yeah I know what assuming does.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you you can purchase things from developers whose practices don't annoy you. I would seriously suggest not buying the rare Capcom titles you are interested in if you are frustrated with the majority of their decisions. That's a level of self control I don't realistically expect from gamers but I'll assume the best of people. And yeah yeah I know what assuming does.

I just don't think hurting one game's sales to prove a point on another game really helps.

Also it's fucking video games people boycott them over "They didn't release Megaman Legends!" which is goddamn stupid. I hardly see people boycotting Wii U's for using conflict materials and developed in Chinese factories but oh man Capcom made some social games? Better boycott Resident Evil folks!

EDIT: Just case in point is that video games are a 100% luxury product and I feel boycotting a luxury product over reasons that are not as morally dubious as other obvious reasons is absolutely goddamn retarded. I'm not going to deny myself a game I want because they didn't release another game I want. Shit happens I get it, they don't deny game releases to be spiteful only because they see it would be a bad business choice. And they're a business first.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I just don't think hurting one game's sales to prove a point on another game really helps.

Also it's fucking video games people boycott them over "They didn't release Megaman Legends!" which is goddamn stupid. I hardly see people boycotting Wii U's for using conflict materials and developed in Chinese factories but oh man Capcom made some social games? Better boycott Resident Evil folks!

EDIT: Just case in point is that video games are a 100% luxury product and I feel boycotting a luxury product over reasons that are not as morally dubious as other obvious reasons is absolutely goddamn retarded. I'm not going to deny myself a game I want because they didn't release another game I want. Shit happens I get it, they don't deny game releases to be spiteful only because they see it would be a bad business choice. And they're a business first.

I'm not saying any one game for any one reason, sorry if you interpreted it that way. Capcom has released sloppy products, shown the worst examples of DLC, and done terrible things to most of their existing IPs. If you really love Monster Hunter or Resident Evil than nothing will change your mind and you can continue to support Capcom's unified business practices; the boycott suggestion is not intended to change your mind individually.

It's pretty shallow to rip on people for taking a stance though even if it's a luxury product. You can enjoy games how you want and buy or not buy what you want and make suggestions to that effect, but don't jump on other people for doing the same.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Capcom is not a monolithic entity - it's a publisher that funds a wide array of different developers. Why should the developers of, say, Dragon's Dogma, be punished because an entirely different section of the main company decided to fund mobile titles? How will decreased sales of, say, Monster Hunter, show Capcom that they should create more "core" titles?

If you're going to "vote with your wallet" then vote smartly. Buy the titles that you want to see more of and don't buy the titles you don't care for. The better a game does, the more likely it is that Capcom will invest in more titles like that in the future.

Buying nothing, on the other hand, accomplishes nothing.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman and xist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel