Heraldic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, so the story is the following.

when i bought my nintendo 3ds 3 years ago, it came with hack (i dont know, i already could use FBI and etc).

like 1 year ago my sister updated the console causing the CFW stop working.

so now after some research found that the 11.9.0.42 can be hacked.

the thing is when im doing the procedure i cant go further cause it says i already have A9LH installed, but in my sd i dont have anything of the old CFW (completely wiped) and also i cannot open "godmode" to uninstall it.

i dont know how to install godmode, i saw some guides but to put godmode.firm i need to have folders in the sd card (thing that i dont have them) and have already cfw (i dont have either).

basically im stuck, i rode that even a factory reset cant delete that so any possible solution to this?

i can access to homebrew launcher but that's it, FBI says that i dont have a "kernel backdoor installed".

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, so the story is the following.

when i bought my nintendo 3ds 3 years ago, it came with hack (i dont know, i already could use FBI and etc).

like 1 year ago my sister updated the console causing the CFW stop working.

so now after some research found that the 11.9.0.42 can be hacked.

the thing is when im doing the procedure i cant go further cause it says i already have A9LH installed, but in my sd i dont have anything of the old CFW (completely wiped) and also i cannot open "godmode" to uninstall it.

i dont know how to install godmode, i saw some guides but to put godmode.firm i need to have folders in the sd card (thing that i dont have them) and have already cfw (i dont have either).

basically im stuck, i rode that even a factory reset cant delete that so any possible solution to this?

i can access to homebrew launcher but that's it, FBI says that i dont have a "kernel backdoor installed".
Are you even sure you have or had A9LH? no kernal access means you have no cfw at all on your console.

Reactions: E1ite007

Heraldic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you even sure you have or had A9LH? no kernal access means you have no cfw at all on your console.
thanks for the response, yes i had A9LH and i was able to install game and alterate the data of them but after an update everything died. my sd card got wiped. thought i lost everything but im stuck with that step.

im in the step of flipnote of the frogminer guide, cant go further cause it says i already have A9LH tho i dont know how to delete it

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reactions: E1ite007

Heraldic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Attachments

• 0127190302.jpg
    0127190302.jpg
    960.6 KB · Views: 111

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The question is: Do you have A9LH installed or not?
What happens if you hold (SELECT) while turning on the console?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So I can't continue? That's really sad
What I'm saying is I'm pretty sure I have a reliable test to see if you should proceed with the TROUBLESHOOTING.md page I also linked. (read it carefully again).

The rest is me covering my ass should you somehow brick anyway. All devs have to do this with cfw installs.

Reactions: Itzumi

Heraldic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I'm saying is I'm pretty sure I have a reliable test to see if you should proceed with the TROUBLESHOOTING.md page I also linked. (read it carefully again).

The rest is me covering my ass should you somehow brick anyway. All devs have to do this with cfw installs.
ok ive read it. i tried the convert guide too and when i start the console with select or start pressed it just go to the home menu. have every file in the place and does nothing. now, im going to take a break to think if i skip the warning. thanks for your patience.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

aaaaaand it worked thank you so much for the help (y).

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok ive read it. i tried the convert guide too and when i start the console with select or start pressed it just go to the home menu. have every file in the place and does nothing. now, im going to take a break to think if i skip the warning. thanks for your patience.

Place the .bin from this package on the root of your sd and see if you get an error on boot or if you get the config screen when holding select.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.0.5

Edit: I didnt see that it worked... Nice!

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...