Hacking Can't launch Gateway with newest launcher.dat.

Nafets

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my gateway cart a while back (2015) for my 9.2 (U.S) firmware Old 3DS XL. I haven't touched my 3DS in a few months, and never changed the launcher.dat file since I first got it working (with 3.1 I believe.) I decided to change the launcher.dat file to the newest (3.7.2) but now whenever I try to access the gateway menu through the browser, the browser crashes with an error "An error has occured. Please save your data..." I've tried pretty much everything. I formatted both of my sd cards (the one in the red cart and the 3DS original sd card.) I tried deleting my cookies/history and then accessing the site. I tried the guide that uses the homebrew launcher, but only get a black screen when I choose the gateway application.

What else should I try? Thanks!

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my gateway cart a while back (2015) for my 9.2 (U.S) firmware Old 3DS XL. I haven't touched my 3DS in a few months, and never changed the launcher.dat file since I first got it working (with 3.1 I believe.) I decided to change the launcher.dat file to the newest (3.7.2) but now whenever I try to access the gateway menu through the browser, the browser crashes with an error "An error has occured. Please save your data..." I've tried pretty much everything. I formatted both of my sd cards (the one in the red cart and the 3DS original sd card.) I tried deleting my cookies/history and then accessing the site. I tried the guide that uses the homebrew launcher, but only get a black screen when I choose the gateway application.

Use Plailect's guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Get a9lh and then you can launch GW mode at system startup! It's super convenient.

Reactions: Nafets

Red_Alive

Trophies
XP
Country
France

use your old launcher.dat to downgrade your 3ds to 4.5 then you wont need internet everytime you want to use gateway

Last edited by Red_Alive,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
use your old launcher.dat to downgrade your 3ds to 4.5 then you wont need internet everytime you want to use gateway
What???
Menuhax has been around for a very long time now, like two years! Why would they want to go back to such an old technology? Not to mention that Gateway downgrades screw up your NAND!

OP, try formatting your (internal) SD card with emuNAND9. If you have any remnants of an old emuNAND, that can cause the black screen problem. EmuNAND9 will format it cleanly.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Nafets

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Plailect's guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Get a9lh and then you can launch GW mode at system startup! It's super convenient.

Thanks, I ended up installing a9lh, like you recommended. Converted my backups to CIA files and installed a few with FBI, they work great and I also have the newest firmware! It took a bit to install it, but now that everything is working I am quite satisfied!

Last edited by Nafets,

Red_Alive

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wasn't telling you to do anything. I was saying that one way you can see how Gateway screws up NANDs is that it becomes difficult to inject FBI on a Gateway-downgraded device.

yeah i know i just quoted the part i didnt understand

what do you mean by inject FBI ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Red_Alive

Site & Scene News