cant install nsp - error 2356-0009 READ CAREFULLY

Thenastyb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIRST OFF - if you know a way to factory reset the switch but not entirely and ONLY have it retain the auto RCM function, skip the rest of this and tell me how please - if its even possible, its probably the easiest solution, and would be a future-proof, "be all, end all" fix for me lol theres gotta be some way to do it, because auto RCM still works even if theres no SD card in (after its enabled in the first place)

moving on...

so i updated to 16.0 and all my installed games stopped working so i just wiped and re installed everything from scratch.
for that versions of what software im using, refer to the "recommended defaults" package at sdsetup.com - as far as the serial no., ill just save the time and say its a day one model of the OG switch

when trying to install nsp files with goldleaf i get this message:

an error occurred attempting to install NSP
Error:2356-0009 (0x1364)
module: Goldleaf (356)
Description: invalid PFS0 (NSP) (9)

i have read of 4 solutions - NONE have worked
From most to least common...
1) make sure the file is not marked as "read only"
2) update sigpatches/atmosphere
3) remove all special characters, numbers, and spaces from the file extension
4) remove all files for previously installed custom themes

Heres what happened:

1) i have checked the files properties both with the SD card directly inserted into the PC as well as using the "SD card" function in SD tools in Hekate to browse the SD while its in the switch - making sure the "read only" option was toggled off before starting SD card mode - and still, the file explorer on the PC says that the files are NOT "read only"

2) the only thing i changed in the SD after updating atmosphere was "(D):\atmosphere\contents" - i removed the folder "420000000007E51A" - as a solution i found to error 2001-0123 in atmosphere, causing it to crash at launch. if this is whats causing the problem, i will need another solution to the crashing error as well

3) not sure why having the file be only letters would help, but it had for the same issue in the past, though it must have been a different error because it didnt work this time

4) before i started setting up the SD card i formatted it and completely wiped it - there is absolutely nothing on it except hekate, atmosphere, fusee, an NPS for tinfoil, and whatever is default in the HB menu.

i tried also rolling back to the setup i had before i updated - 15.0 FW, with the latest DeepSeaSwitch (advanced) pre-pack downloaded with AIO updater - to no success

note that as well as using the pre packed SD directory from sdsetup.com ,I downloaded all the latest files (which im actually impressed how well they stay up to date on, considering how long its been around lol props to sdsetup.com) directly from their official sources and set up the SD manually as laid out on switch.hacks.guide

i think i may need someone who can basically see the matrix for this one kuz my best guess is that the switch is seeing the files as "read only" for some reason, even though they arent - and that would mean i'd have to reset the switch itself. i KNOW with 100% certainty that that'll fix it because ive got a day one switch and its solved things nobody could answer before, but id REALLY rather not do that lol because that means there would be no more auto RCM and i'd have to dick around with a paperclip for half an hour...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIRST OFF - if you know a way to factory reset the switch but not entirely and ONLY have it retain the auto RCM function, skip the rest of this and tell me how please - if its even possible, its probably the easiest solution, and would be a future-proof, "be all, end all" fix for me lol theres gotta be some way to do it, because auto RCM still works even if theres no SD card in (after its enabled in the first place)

moving on...

so i updated to 16.0 and all my installed games stopped working so i just wiped and re installed everything from scratch.
for that versions of what software im using, refer to the "recommended defaults" package at sdsetup.com - as far as the serial no., ill just save the time and say its a day one model of the OG switch

when trying to install nsp files with goldleaf i get this message:

an error occurred attempting to install NSP
Error:2356-0009 (0x1364)
module: Goldleaf (356)
Description: invalid PFS0 (NSP) (9)

i have read of 4 solutions - NONE have worked
From most to least common...
1) make sure the file is not marked as "read only"
2) update sigpatches/atmosphere
3) remove all special characters, numbers, and spaces from the file extension
4) remove all files for previously installed custom themes

Heres what happened:

1) i have checked the files properties both with the SD card directly inserted into the PC as well as using the "SD card" function in SD tools in Hekate to browse the SD while its in the switch - making sure the "read only" option was toggled off before starting SD card mode - and still, the file explorer on the PC says that the files are NOT "read only"

2) the only thing i changed in the SD after updating atmosphere was "(D):\atmosphere\contents" - i removed the folder "420000000007E51A" - as a solution i found to error 2001-0123 in atmosphere, causing it to crash at launch. if this is whats causing the problem, i will need another solution to the crashing error as well

3) not sure why having the file be only letters would help, but it had for the same issue in the past, though it must have been a different error because it didnt work this time

4) before i started setting up the SD card i formatted it and completely wiped it - there is absolutely nothing on it except hekate, atmosphere, fusee, an NPS for tinfoil, and whatever is default in the HB menu.

i tried also rolling back to the setup i had before i updated - 15.0 FW, with the latest DeepSeaSwitch (advanced) pre-pack downloaded with AIO updater - to no success

note that as well as using the pre packed SD directory from sdsetup.com ,I downloaded all the latest files (which im actually impressed how well they stay up to date on, considering how long its been around lol props to sdsetup.com) directly from their official sources and set up the SD manually as laid out on switch.hacks.guide

i think i may need someone who can basically see the matrix for this one kuz my best guess is that the switch is seeing the files as "read only" for some reason, even though they arent - and that would mean i'd have to reset the switch itself. i KNOW with 100% certainty that that'll fix it because ive got a day one switch and its solved things nobody could answer before, but id REALLY rather not do that lol because that means there would be no more auto RCM and i'd have to dick around with a paperclip for half an hour...

Goldleaf is pending an update for Firmware 16.0.0 compatibility as of yesterday…not sure when the update is coming out but it will likely be soon.

B5950FEC-3C03-45DF-8606-0C41ED52A51A.jpeg

In the mean time check out one of these lovely installers:
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Thenastyb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goldleaf is pending an update for Firmware 16.0.0 compatibility as of yesterday…not sure when the update is coming out but it will likely be soon.

View attachment 358704

In the mean time check out one of these lovely installers:
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
i cant get DBI on there because theres no .nro version, only an .nsp, which i cant install
i already tried tinwoo, i should have mentioned that, i guess.
tinfoil is what i usually use, thats the nsp im trying to install because i like it being on the home screen.
why would you suggest goldleaf in the same post that you just told me its out of commission for the time being? and also, in case you missed it, goldleaf is the one im having problems with in the first place.

i tried using the tinfoil .nro through the HB menu and it wouldnt start. i was hopeful when i got the applet version running through the HB menu, then when i tried to install the tinfoil nsp it said "failed to open nsp" - yes, i made sure to open with full memory access and allow installation of unsigned titles in tinfoil settings

i thought it might be the file so tried installing the only switch rom i still had, knowing that file was fine, but when it finished it said it failed to install the ticket. i remember having THAT issue with the .nro and applet versions in the past (another reason why i stick with the installed version - more reliable)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get DBI on there because theres no .nro version, only an .nsp, which i cant install

Click the link I sent you. It contains a .zip file with the .nro and config file you need to put in your /switch directory.

i already tried tinwoo, i should have mentioned that, i guess.

No worries. It’s a simply copy paste to install as well and can work for our purposes.

tinfoil is what i usually use, thats the nsp im trying to install because i like it being on the home screen.

I use Tinfoil as my main as well.

why would you suggest goldleaf in the same post that you just told me its out of commission for the time being? and also, in case you missed it, goldleaf is the one im having problems with in the first place.

I copy pasted my help links. I have a whole collection of help stuff in my signature block so I can quickly cut and paste.
i tried using the tinfoil .nro through the HB menu and it wouldnt start. i was hopeful when i got the applet version running through the HB menu, then when i tried to install the tinfoil nsp it said "failed to open nsp" - yes, i made sure to open with full memory access and allow installation of unsigned titles in tinfoil settings

To properly install Tinfoil you first need to install a game. It is absolutely a catch-22…so we need to use one of the other installers (DBI or Tinwoo…I don’t care which) to get a simple game installed and then we can move forward.

i thought it might be the file so tried installing the only switch rom i still had, knowing that file was fine, but when it finished it said it failed to install the ticket. i remember having THAT issue with the .nro and applet versions in the past (another reason why i stick with the installed version - more reliable)

I agree with using the self installer…even in the snippet I cut and pasted to you earlier.

bottom line: pick either DBI or Tinwoo and let’s focus on getting one of them running so we can install a small game (if you don’t have a game handy I recommend finding a backup of Othello.nsp because it’s super small)

Last edited by binkinator,

Thenastyb0y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gonna have to continue this convo in a couple weeks. im starting to think it might be the SD card, so im getting a new one next payday. ive been using the same 256 SD since i got my switch - and that was the day they came out lol AND i had been using it for my 3ds for a while before that...been passed back and forth between so many devices, formatted, partitioned, you name it, so many times that its about as stable as charles manson at this point lol on the bright side, i learned a neat trick in the command prompt to fix a card when windows says it needs to be formatted without actually having to format it lol i had a feeling something was going to go wrong later when i got the data back tho - like, u ever seen fullmetal alchemist? anybody who sees the truth pays a great toll lmao for me i think its finally losing the card ive been relying on for years+my switch being bricked until i get a card that works

ill follow up around the 1st whether a fresh card fixed it or not...man, i fukken KNEW i shouldnt have let it update the other night lol but NO-oh i just couldnt deal with the thing reminding me to...meh. just a reminder that if it aint broke dont fix it, i guess lol thanks so far

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr