Hacking Can't install HBC on a DarkCorp'ed wii

matanga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys,

I've uninstalled HBC from my wii withous previously uninstalling DarkCorp.

Now I wan't to reinstall HBC to run an USB Loader but I can't run HackMii because I receive "No vulnerable IOS found".

I've found that I have to replace 2 IOS thru Bannerbomb to allow HackMii to run again, but I receive the following "exception (dsi) occurred" while trying to run anything from Bannerbomb.

Any suggestions? Any way to install HBC, uninstall DarkCorp, replace IOS, perform a Nand restore, or do anything to get it resolved? Remember that, at this point, I can't run HackMii because of "No vulnerable IOS found" message.

Thanks in advance.

Matanga!

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Hi, Im not a l33t haxor but I can give u some of my experience, first of all are you sure you trying to install the right HBC for your system ? there are 2 versions that are for system menu below 4.0 and above 4.1, if u still cant install try update your wii so you will replace any cios with official ios and then folow a guide to rehack your 4.2 wii, beware that you will loose any hacks on your wii doing this so be sure b4 u try. hope Iv been of any help

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here are some clips from the darkcorp thread (lazy).

All IOS have their version number maxed out to prevent being
overwritten by an Official Nintendo Wii System Update (although we do
not recommend performing a Wii System Update anyway).

How to uninstall it:
First of all, DON'T DELETE ANY IOS!!! YOU WILL (most likely) KILL
YOUR WII IF YOU DO!!! Rather, the IOS must be OVERWRITTEN with
official, unmodified IOS. Just run the “DARKCORP v1.0 Full Installer”
or the “DARKCORP v1.0 Lite Installer” and select:
Uninstall DARKCORP (YOUR IOS WILL LOSE ALL PATCHES!)
This will replace your cIOS with unmodified IOS, meaning no trucha,
no ES_Identify etc. If you had any patches applied to IOS prior to
installing DARKCORP v1.0, you have to reapply these patches after
uninstalling.

just in case here is the rest of it.

http://gbatemp.net/t218371-darkcorp-v1-0-release

matanga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't install HBC since Hackmii shows "No vulnerable IOS found", nor I can reinstall or uninstall Darkcorp since HBC is not installed in my Wii anymore...

Forgot to mention that I have 4.2U installed.

Any other suggestions?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Download NUSAD from my signature, run the program, from the main menu, type "H" for Hackmii solutions, follow the prompts, and it will generate a guide for you to follow.

It doesn't get any easier than this.
unless you go to his house and do it yourself.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, true very true... if the OP wants to pay for my flight to Argentina, I'll fix his problem personally for free!
biggrin.gif
lol

matanga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
LOL, It will be cheaper to send me a new Wii console... I vote for my option!!

I'll try your suggestion and will let you know.

Thanks a lot

addy2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In my opinion the best way would be running the Darkcorp Installer via Bannerbomb and use that to get rid of Darkcorp. If this fails, I would try using DOP-IOS (run via Bannerbomb) to get back to unmodified IOSes 36 and 61. After this is done, HBC should install just fine.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
addy2k said:
In my opinion the best way would be running the Darkcorp Installer via Bannerbomb and use that to get rid of Darkcorp. If this fails, I would try using DOP-IOS (run via Bannerbomb) to get back to unmodified IOSes 36 and 61. After this is done, HBC should install just fine.

Just IOS36. Theres no reason to re-install IOS61 as it wasn't modified in the first place.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Riley
...unless he installed cIOSCORP v3.1 and never uninstalled it (it was removed in v3.2 tough).

@matanga
You had cIOSCORP v3.5 or older installed at some time, right?

Try the cIOSCORP v3.5 Uninstaller. (sorry, I cannot provide a direct link due to teh forum rulez...)

Run it via bannerbomb (copy the "sd:\apps\cIOSCORP_v3.5_Uninstaller\boot.dol" to sd:\boot.dol" in order for it to run from bannerbomb).

Make sure you have cIOS249 installed, as it is needed by the app.

And then you can reinstall DARKCORP if you want. (after performing the uninstall method mentioned above, DARKCORP will then be compatible with hackmii installer)

...and thanks for bringing this issue up. I've now seen that the DARKCORP v1.0 Uninstaller will only uninstall what it modifies, but it doesn't uninstall any pre-v3.6 remnants...

...I'll have to get that fixed.

matanga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The problem here is that I receive the following "exception (dsi) occurred" while trying to run anything from Bannerbomb.

Is there any other way to run DarkCorp uninstaller than by ussing Bannerbomb or HBC?

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a diffrent bannerbomb from the hackmii website. Also can you give a run down of eveythimg you do from puttin the files on the sd to what you do on the wii.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darkcorp DOESN'T install a cIOS61 which is the IOS HBC uses. On the older cioscorps they did have it so it made HBC go upside down. HBC needs the official IOS61 to run on.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It depends on which IOS the HackMii installer decided to use. Mine was on 36, then I decided to patch it, so I had to uninstall HBC, patch 36, reinstall and it chose 61 that time as it was left unpatched.

Riley said:
Darkcorp DOESN'T install a cIOS61 which is the IOS HBC uses. On the older cioscorps they did have it so it made HBC go upside down. HBC needs the official IOS61 to run on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, i think wire chargers are more practical