i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah I think I screw it this time with my 2DS.

I deleted H&S app to restore H&S via update, after that, the system couldn't update. There was a message box saying "An error has ocurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted" After that, I dumped H&S CIA from another 2DS and I installed it with FBI, couldn't restore it, just a ugly black icon, I deleted the H&S app from GodMode9, FBI didn't showed that title, I tried to update the 2DS and now I can't, it's stuck, everything is still working fine, I just can't restore H&S app. I am not sure if I deleted something important on the ctr nand (I don't think so tbh, I just deleted H&S folder from GodMode9)
I still have my nand backup, should a nand recovery work or there is another way? I tried with GodMode9 to reinject H&S CIA and app, and still there is the ugly black icon.
When I boot that ugly black icon, it throws me a error and I need to restart the 2DS

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Had a situation like that, try installing the H&S.cia from your backup nand and see if it works. If not, try to CTR transfer (check the guide), get the H&S from that, then restore. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Hayato213

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Had a situation like that, try installing the H&S.cia from your backup nand and see if it works. If not, try to CTR transfer (check the guide), get the H&S from that, then restore. Hope it helps.
Already tried to install H&S cia, FBI does not show up the title. I'll try CTR transfer. Thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install a legit *.cia copy of Health & Safety. System titles are universally legit titles but can't be stripped of their legit tickets.

Either obtain yours at that darth site, through 3DNUS, or dumped from another system in GodMode9 with the Build CIA (legit).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
You need to install a legit *.cia copy of Health & Safety. System titles are universally legit titles but can't be stripped of their legit tickets.

Either obtain yours at that darth site, through 3DNUS, or dumped from another system in GodMode9 with the Build CIA (legit).
I don't know if 3DNUS still works, but you can get that from CTR transfer dumps.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico

I already dumped H&S Cia even with godmode9, still doesn' work

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already dumped H&S Cia even with godmode9, still doesn' work
Did you use Build CIA (standard) or Build CIA (legit)? If you used standard, that will strip the legit ticket and spoof a fake one for Health & Safety. Once the legit ticket is stripped, there is no way to retrieve it except from a clean source. Installing a standard CIA onto NAND will cause the 3DS to ignore that title on HOME Menu.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think I screw it this time with my 2DS.

I deleted H&S app to restore H&S via update, after that, the system couldn't update. There was a message box saying "An error has ocurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted" After that, I dumped H&S CIA from another 2DS and I installed it with FBI, couldn't restore it, just a ugly black icon, I deleted the H&S app from GodMode9, FBI didn't showed that title, I tried to update the 2DS and now I can't, it's stuck, everything is still working fine, I just can't restore H&S app. I am not sure if I deleted something important on the ctr nand (I don't think so tbh, I just deleted H&S folder from GodMode9)
I still have my nand backup, should a nand recovery work or there is another way? I tried with GodMode9 to reinject H&S CIA and app, and still there is the ugly black icon.
When I boot that ugly black icon, it throws me a error and I need to restart the 2DS
Have you tried doing this button combo on bootup?
L+R+UP(dpad)+A

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello I am back
Did you use Build CIA (standard) or Build CIA (legit)? If you used standard, that will strip the legit ticket and spoof a fake one for Health & Safety. Once the legit ticket is stripped, there is no way to retrieve it except from a clean source. Installing a standard CIA onto NAND will cause the 3DS to ignore that title on HOME Menu.
Yeah I always used STANDARD, I'll try legit. Thanks
Have you tried doing this button combo on bootup?
L+R+UP(dpad)+A
For updating? Nope, problably won't work because I am stuck on update failed.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Yep this worked.
Now the ugly black icon is gone, H&S CIA now works fine. Thanks to all for helping me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto