Hacking Can't get Uneek to work

Jehuty25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Fat32 and 32kb cluster set as primary and active, does it matter whether it's a whole drive or just a partition?

Jehuty25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
no shouldnt matter i have 3 partions on mine but the first has to be the fat32 one
This might be the problem then. The first partition is ntfs and the second is fat32. Any way I can switch the order or would I have to reformat the whole drive?

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
not sure if you can switch with the easus partition manager you might be able to delete the ntfs then move the fat32 to the first position and then remake the ntfs part but i am not sure i did the same thing when i first set up uneek i had other things on my hd and didnt want to try to move them and made a second partition of fat 32 it never did work til i redid my drive

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jehuty25 said:
This might be the problem then. The first partition is ntfs and the second is fat32. Any way I can switch the order or would I have to reformat the whole drive?

i did it because i can't run uneek with two partition

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
i bet you built the nand with modmii huh

well you will first have to launch the nand and set it up before switch will work i had same problem too

just put the nand folder in the root of usb and launch uneek from hbc or from MMM (just reload to ios 254)
set up emunand and the switch2uneek will work for you
Now what exactly are you talking about? There isn't any way to launch UNEEK from HBC or MMM, not an app, at least. Just switch2uneek, as far as I know.

QUOTE(Jehuty25 @ Apr 25 2011, 06:15 PM) I created a 4.2 uneek nand with modmii and copied the nands folder over to my hard drive. The wii went straight to my real one when I turned it on.

Edit: Tried switch2uneek and it said "cannot read nandpath.txt file".
I'm getting the same "Cannot read usb:/nandpath.txt" error. This is just after using ModMii and copying everything over as is.

Wait, another question... when I partitioned my drive, I made the first partition FAT32, I THINK it's 32k allocation, and the active partition. There's an NTFS partition which takes up the rest and I have all my games on that and play them with CFG USB Loader. I don't need to move them to the FAT32 partition to work, do I?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
UndeadSquirrel said:
Wait, another question... when I partitioned my drive, I made the first partition FAT32, I THINK it's 32k allocation, and the active partition. There's an NTFS partition which takes up the rest and I have all my games on that and play them with CFG USB Loader. I don't need to move them to the FAT32 partition to work, do I?
Not only that, but it has to be converted to discex format as well (linky to info). As for the partitioning...i'd double check that (I thought it was 32k as well...turned out it was 64). I know there is a DOS-like command out there that can give you the info, but I forgot which one. EASEUS partition master (or other formatting tools) can be used to check this as well.

Can't comment on the other parts of your post. Sorry.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Now what exactly are you talking about? There isn't any way to launch UNEEK from HBC or MMM, not an app, at least. Just switch2uneek, as far as I know.
Those who don't have bootmii as boot2 installed, can launch ios254 to start bootmii. In case of uneek, the sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin has been replaced by one that launches kernel.bin in the sd:/sneek folder instead of sd:/bootmii/ppcboot.elf.
So, if you select start bootmii in the homebrew channel or the MMM program, it will actually start s(u)neek instead.

QUOTEWait, another question... when I partitioned my drive, I made the first partition FAT32, I THINK it's 32k allocation, and the active partition. There's an NTFS partition which takes up the rest and I have all my games on that and play them with CFG USB Loader. I don't need to move them to the FAT32 partition to work, do I?

Your games will probably be wbfs files. Uneek + di can't read that format yet. (Overjoy is working on that.) So, you will even need to convert your games before you tranfer them to the fat32 partition. The modmii program is able to do this conversion multiple games at a time.

You will need at least one game in your games folder to make uneek + (di) start. So on the root of your usb fat 32 partition you need a games folder, and under that a subfolder which is preferrable the unique id of the game. Under that subfolder, there are the game folders and files. (It's not 1 file anymore. It's decoded and extracted into it's individual pieces.)

Switch2uneek simply renames nand folders from a subfolder of your usb disk to folder names in the root of your usb disk. It also copies the sneek armboot.bin or the bootmii armboot.bin over to the bootmii folder of your sd card, depending if you want to launch your real nand or your emulated nand.

After that, guess what, it launches ios254... (Previous versions rebooted the wii)

If it says that it "Cannot read usb:/nandpath.txt", than probably the file doesn't exist on the root of your usb drive.
It uses that file together with a bin file to keep track of the used nand. (real or emulated.)
You could check the switch2uneek setup readme for that, but it's best to have uneek / di running before you start to make things more complex.

Oops, Wever beat me. Next time I will use the Fast Reply button....

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Crap. I got switch2uneek to work, but all it did was say something about copying 9 folders to USB, and froze. I waited 20 minutes and nothing happened. I rebooted the Wii and all that happens is I get a black screen, even after waiting another 20 minutes. I can't access Bootmii. I think I may have bricked the Wii.

EDIT: Nope, just realized it should boot without an SD or USB device plugged in. And sure enough, it booted. I'm gonna reinstall BootMii just in case and try UniiLoader and see how it goes.

Oh, and by the way, you mentioned launching UNEEK via HBC. What if my BootMii IS on Boot2?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to launch UNEEK from the HBC with BootMii at Boot2, you have 2 options to do so:

1. Installing BootMii as IOS as well

2. Using the nice mod made by obcd found here, which comes with a BootMii WAD for slot 253 (so BootMii will be IOS 253 instead of 254) and a modified version of bootios, which can be started from the homebrew channel and load UNEEK.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
LinkFan16 said:
If you want to launch UNEEK from the HBC with BootMii at Boot2, you have 2 options to do so:

1. Installing BootMii as IOS as well

2. Using the nice mod made by obcd found here, which comes with a BootMii WAD for slot 253 (so BootMii will be IOS 253 instead of 254) and a modified version of bootios, which can be started from the homebrew channel and load UNEEK.
Yeahhhhh, that does nothing except load BootMii either way.

Still getting the "copied 9 folders to usb" message and freezing. Switch2Uneek just gives me a black screen. Again.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Yeahhhhh, that does nothing except load BootMii either way.

ios 254 loads armboot.bin from the sd:\bootmii folder. my ios 253 does the same from the sd:\bootsnk folder.
If those give you the bootmii program, than the armboot.bin in those folders is the one from bootmii and not the one for sneek/uneek.
Switch2uneek copies the bootmii armboot.bin to that folder to turn off sneek/uneek on the next reboot or load of ios254.

If you use ios253 and my bootios, switch2uneek won't touch the armboot.bin in the bootsnk folder. (One thing less to worry about.)

You said you think our harddisk is 32K allocated. That's not good enough. Your wii isn't interested in what you think.

You might try to follow my sneaky poor man's sd backup launcher. Switch2uneek is not yet compatible with it. If you manage to get your sneek
setup running that way, you can copy your nand folders and games folder over to your harddisk. You wil also need to replace your sneek\kernel.bin and
you will need to copy the sd\sneek folder over to your harddisk. Delete the diconfig.bin and channelcache.bin in the sneek folder.
Upon the next start of uneek, it should be a uneek+di setup running from harddisk. (You still need your sd card as well for the armboot.bin and the first load
of kernel.bin. If sneek is working, and uneek isn't, than you have an issue with your harddisk. Either it's incompatible with uneek or it's not partionned the way uneek expects it to be.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just Start over. Using Modmii.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EXTRACTED GAME IN YOUR GAMES FOLDER ON YOUR USB DRIVE ROOT.
WITHOUT A GAME UNEEK WIL NOT BOOT.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
You said you think our harddisk is 32K allocated. That's not good enough. Your wii isn't interested in what you think.
LMAO at this. But I completely understand what you mean.

obcd said:
You might try to follow my sneaky poor man's sd backup launcher. Switch2uneek is not yet compatible with it.
I will give that a try.

QUOTE(Hielkenator @ May 21 2011, 03:39 AM)
Just Start over. Using Modmii.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EXTRACTED GAME IN YOUR GAMES FOLDER ON YOUR USB DRIVE ROOT.
WITHOUT A GAME UNEEK WIL NOT BOOT.
I have a game in there, converted by ModMii. If obcd's "sneaky poor man's launcher" works from SD, then I'll transfer it to USB. If that don't work, I'll try setting up a different USB drive and transfer a game or two to that one and see if it works. Though I don't look forward to the loooooong transfer time for 120+ games....

Thanks for your continued help guys. I appreciate it.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Though I don't look forward to the loooooong transfer time for 120+ games....
Overjoy is working on a "uneek di" module capable of loading wbfs files. He has almost finished it.
Once you are able to use that, you don't need to convert all your games anymore.
My poor man's sneaky doesn't use a harddisk at all.
If some things in the tutorial don't work for you as described, I will be (not very) happy to hear about it.
At least, you will know it's not a harddisk related issue.

As the sneek files in that tutorial are still based on rev. 153 of s(u)neek, Monster Hunter 3 (Pal) gives a black screen when the game load starts. (intro video
works.)
This was solved with rev. 154. I can upload the files to build that version, but the IOSKpatch program used in the building process has changed as well, and I
don't think that this change made it in crediars program already. It's not important to get your initial setup going.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: