Can't get NS-Atmosphere to work on 6.2.0 purchased Dec 2018

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by twentyonef4gg0ts, Jan 22, 2019.

1. twentyonef4gg0ts
    OP

twentyonef4gg0ts Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2019
    Pakistan
    Hi Friends

I'm trying to set up a Switch with NS-Atmosphere for my wife. It was purchased Dec 2018 and has firmware version 6.2.0. If I put in a jig with or without an NS atmosphere with multiple payload all I get is a black screen. I have tried formatting the SD as FAT 32, exFAT etc, different files. No difference all I get is a black screen. Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks.

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    ShonenJump likes this.
  3. NoNAND

NoNAND Never breathes.

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    My existential nightmare..
  4. n0v317y

n0v317y Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    It's normal.

5. Hugopugo

Hugopugo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Sounds like its patched.... afaik retail stores are no longer selling unpatched switch... you might find one or two but they are becoming rare

6. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    Have you tried running the RCM exploit from PC or mobile to test to see if it can be done at all on your model?

I hate to tell you this but that sounds patched, 6.2 is only a few weeks old so if yours was bought in December and already had the latest FW on it then it's 99.9% likely patched. Check the serial number against the list.

7. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    didn't research enough before buying.

jakkal and flatty69 like this.
  8. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    True, but if the worse you're stuck with is a working legit Switch it's not all bad... it's still a great console despite the overpriced games.

9. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    You need a time machine to go back to when switches available in shops were hackable.

10. lagjazz

lagjazz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2018
    Canada
    Sell it on Kijiji and get a used or refurbished one which could be more likely to be unpatched

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11. Milenko
    This message by Milenko has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jan 22, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Jan 22, 2019
  12. twentyonef4gg0ts
    OP

twentyonef4gg0ts Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2019
    Pakistan
    My wife brought it home from the shops. Otherwise I would have.

13. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    but you should've had 14-30 days to return it, no? (i mean it's ok to keep it anyway but if your goal is to play free games, then it's useless right now)
    Before spending money on the NS-Atmosphere, you didn't check the serial number to make sure the Switch is hackable, especially since it's been bought only in Dec2018, months after the unhackable units started circulating the shops.

Albytrozz likes this.