Can't burn Xbox 360 games

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rock Raiyu, Mar 9, 2010.

Mar 9, 2010

Can't burn Xbox 360 games by Rock Raiyu at 3:02 AM (1,099 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Don't know what is going on with the DVD drive but I can't seem to burn 360 games. I hate using IMGBurn cause it always gives me an error so I use Xbox Backup Creator which worked flawlessly until today. This is the error I'm speaking of:

[​IMG]

Is there any way I can fix this? Or is there an alternative I can use cause I want to play Final Fantasy XIII.

2. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Most likely it's your burner. Burning 360 games wears dvd drives down really fast. If you're gonna get a new burner get one from pioneer they typically work best for DLs.

3. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Unfortunately its a laptop burner and I don't know even if I buy a new one if it would work on my laptop. Think I should just call Dell up and see what they have to say?

4. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    Yea, but be sure to tell them your trying to burn a copy of Final Fantasy 13 first.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You can replace the DVD drive in a laptop fairly easily, it is not as nice as a regular desktop but not that bad:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5108151_replace-dv...ive-laptop.html

Not sure about Dell off the top of my head by many laptop DVD drives use the same connectors internally.

Option 2 is buy a caddy- all the reliability/ease of a desktop drive and you can stash it when you need to.

On the other hand that could be an iso problem- did you run it through ABGX360?