Can't boot patched sysnand with luma3ds or rxtool. Menuhax coldboot with ctrbootmanager.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DualBladedKirito, Aug 11, 2016.

1. DualBladedKirito
    OP

DualBladedKirito The Black Swordsman

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Hello I have an annoying problem. I have menuhax set up to boot ctrbootmanager through cold boot (non arm9lhax) and i launch my custom firmwares from it. I have menuhax set up as type 2 set to autoboot ctr boot manager when L Is not pressed. I Cannot seem to use either rxtools or luma 3ds to boot into patched sysnand. I usually hold R to boot into patched sysnand. But for some reason It boots ctr boot manager again evrytime i try. I can sucessfully boot patched sysnand when i takes menuhax of autoboot by holding r when loading luma. but when it is on autoboot holding r just loops ctrbootmanager. Does anyone have any idea of whats happening? Its annoying

2. MartinDocNewland

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    What version of menuhax you got installed?

3. DualBladedKirito
    OP

DualBladedKirito The Black Swordsman

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    ninjhax 2.5 using menuhax 2.2 manager
    edit:actually how do I check that?

Last edited by DualBladedKirito, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    When you boot to sysNAND, patched or not, menuhax triggers.
    So what you have to do is
    - Boot to CtrBootManager (and try to see the menu, that will make the other steps easier to do)
    - Choose your CFW and boot it
    - Hold the key that tells it to boot to sysNAND or configure it to boot to sysNAND
    - When you feel that sysNAND started booting, hold the key that tells menuhax not to trigger

5. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Stop this madness and get A9LH started.

6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    its never a requirement one gets A9LH installed when they're below 11.0, Yes its a Quality of Life Entrypoint, and far better than Menuhax/browserhax but what works for someone works. some people will be too nervous of bricking durring A9LH installation.

but @draco123973, i strongly recommend if you Have the chance to setup A9LH take the few hours outta your day to get it setup.