Gaming Can't backup/restore HG/SS save file

KamiKazeKenji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded the game (Pokemon HeartGold) on Friday and played it early while waiting for the game to arrive on Monday. I now have the game, and wanted to transfer the sav file from my acekard to the actual game. I have tried both SavSender (with netcat) and NDS Backup Tool Wifi to no avail. I tried dumping with SavSender, but it only reads the sav file as 8kb. NDS Backup Tool doesn't even recognize it. Is there any way around this? I really don't wanna waste two days of progress! >.

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
At the moment none of the Software save dumpers work with HGSS because HGSS uses a new gamecard(the IR thingy gives it away) which appearantly handles it's saves differently. There is a Hardware usb linker (NDS adapter Plus)that should work.

KamiKazeKenji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that was my guess, so that means $25 more just to use the Pokewalker... Plus I have to wait an eternity for it to arrive. It'll probably take forever for someone to patch one of the save dumpers as well... Well I haven't got as far, so the cost of backing up the sav is greater than the cost of two days lost. =/ Ah well, better start over now before it's too late... Wouldn't wanna miss the Bug Catching Contest tomorrow, it took forever to catch that Scyther Saturday night!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!