Can't backup/restore HG/SS save file

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by KamiKazeKenji, Mar 15, 2010.

1. KamiKazeKenji
    OP

KamiKazeKenji Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    Above the Clouds
    So I downloaded the game (Pokemon HeartGold) on Friday and played it early while waiting for the game to arrive on Monday. I now have the game, and wanted to transfer the sav file from my acekard to the actual game. I have tried both SavSender (with netcat) and NDS Backup Tool Wifi to no avail. I tried dumping with SavSender, but it only reads the sav file as 8kb. NDS Backup Tool doesn't even recognize it. Is there any way around this? I really don't wanna waste two days of progress! >.

2. The Shadow Knigh

The Shadow Knigh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2009
    Belgium
    At the moment none of the Software save dumpers work with HGSS because HGSS uses a new gamecard(the IR thingy gives it away) which appearantly handles it's saves differently. There is a Hardware usb linker (NDS adapter Plus)that should work.

3. KamiKazeKenji
    OP

KamiKazeKenji Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    Above the Clouds
    Yeah, that was my guess, so that means $25 more just to use the Pokewalker... Plus I have to wait an eternity for it to arrive. It'll probably take forever for someone to patch one of the save dumpers as well... Well I haven't got as far, so the cost of backing up the sav is greater than the cost of two days lost. =/ Ah well, better start over now before it's too late... Wouldn't wanna miss the Bug Catching Contest tomorrow, it took forever to catch that Scyther Saturday night!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice