Hacking Can you play DS .nds cart dumps on the n3dsxl WITHOUT a flashcard (r4i etc)?

Turbinetester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried reading here, reddit, and the 3ds.guide but it seems much of the recent information implies certain things to be understood as it relates to DS titles, rather than stating outright the answer to the question. I'm searching from a mobile phone so perhaps my Google-fu isn't up to par today. I have two DS cartridges, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia. I can dump the .nds titles in gm9 according to "how to use gm9" section on 3ds.guide, but the guide says they are "uninstallable". Is there any way to play DS cart dumps, without having to insert and switch the actual DS cartridges? If not, what is the point of the nds file dump if you cant restore or play it on the 3ds? Do you have to use a flashcart to play the dumped DS titles? I have an R4i + flashcart. I used it to hack my buddies n3dsxl with luma/b9s. I personally don't care about playing DS games, but he likes the Castlevania titles. I don't want to have to give him my flashcart for him to play DS games as i plan on hacking more DS systems soon. So is there a way to play or install the .nds game dumps directly in the 3ds?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbinetester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sincere thanks to each of you for your replies. I just read the TWLoader compatibility list and it seems like both of the US versions of the titles I'm interested in are coded "red" and either will not boot or suffer from another debilitating error. With the age of the DS titles being what they are, has compatibility development with TWL reached end of life, or are further improvements expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's actually nds-bootstrap that does the game loading, and its in active development. But i wouldn't hold my breath until the Castlevania games will be compatible, it might be awhile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google