ROM Hack Can You help me get my savegame back? AC NL

Funkentanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there, my first thread *nervous*
This is all very new for me, so I'm sorry but maybe you can help me. But where to start?

I had Animal Crossing New Leaf as digital version on my 3DS, played it for 2 years so I really hope that my City is not lost...
I made a save with the Save Manager Homebrew, I have the garden.dat ready. I also have a backup from my SD Card before I formated the System in order to downgrade. So I think there maybe is a Save File as well.
I redownloaded Animal Crossing New Leaf yesterday and of course I have to start new now.
How can I get my Old Town back?

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi funkentanz

if you got a backup with 'Save Manager Homebrew', you can put it back with the same program.
Normally you have more than one file. So i cant grantee that your backup is complete.

Some games have also a secure value.
If you imported your savegame backup it could be, that you will get the corrupted savedata dialogbox with savedata format message.
In this case you have to reimport the savedata and delete the secure value.

After that it should run.

Funkentanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After dragging svdt into my SD card it wont show up under the homebrew launcher...
Am I doing something wrong?

Funkentanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok I found the mistake, the folder was named svdt-master, after renaming the folder to svdt it worked.
But still corrupted Save in Animal Crossing :cry::hateit:

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, just found some interesting information.
Could you start a new savegame and export that, make a backup of your "old" savegame. Now open the new savedata and write down the secure value and inject it into your "old" savegame.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the game and play it until you plant the tree and you can save and quit. Reload and receive info fine pete, and save and quit again. After that, use svdt to copy garden.dat, and any other files you may have (mail.dat, friend.dat, exhibition.dat) to the game's data. If you are using the latest version of svdt, it should ask you about secure data when it starts up, accept it. When you move data from your card (the right hand side) to the game (left hand side) using the y button, it will ask if you want to replace files, say yes. It will save you from the corrupted save data error.

Do not inject your garden files until you have played the game, planned the tree, saved and quit, released to receive your first mail from pete, and saved again. All of this is required to ensure that files are being written where they should be to prevent glitching the save.

I have saved my town many times this way, I can confirm this works. Its also a great method of having multiple towns if you get more advanced with it.

If this didn't work, then your backup save file might have given corrupted and there isn't anything we can do to help. If that's the case, its a great opportunity to start fresh, and with access to Hans and SVDT there's a lot more you can do now. I'm actually in the process of creating a whole new town. I'm also making one special to inject into my grandma's 2ds so she can go fishing and play without having to worry about paying off Tom nook or anything. Hers is a physical cart, so I just need to borrow the game next time I go over. Super easy, no need to install hax to her system

Last edited by deishido,

Funkentanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your help.
Yeah, I'm afraid my save file is somehow broken. I started a new town four times now, everytime untill I planned the tree and received the letter from Pete. I even deleted the whole game and installed it fresh.
I always have the corrupt data error.

Aww, well I accepted my fate and I will start fresh now.
Your Grandma is playing Animal Crossing? That's cool! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1