Hacking help getting nintendogs back

cillanoodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few years ago, I had to switch to a new 3ds by calling Nintendo cuz a repairman messed my old one up. I knew I was going to lose data, but was still very upset to see that my pupper and kitties were gone. I had backed up all the files that were on the SD card at the time cuz I hoped there might be a way to one day use it. So, my question is this: Can I use my old save data and somehow resurrect my babies on my newly hacked 3ds?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot 2024-02-18 203306.png

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had to switch to a new 3ds by calling Nintendo cuz a repairman messed my old one up. I knew I was going to lose data, but was still very upset to see that my pupper and kitties were gone. I had backed up all the files that were on the SD card at the time cuz I hoped there might be a way to one day use it. So, my question is this: Can I use my old save data and somehow resurrect my babies on my newly hacked 3ds?
Your SD card backup is encrypted with a key unique to your old 3DS. Unless you made Checkpoint backups (which are decrypted) when you had your old 3DS, your backup is useless and Checkpoint will not help.

You might be able to decrypt files in your old backup, but only if you have your encryption key. You might have this if you installed CFW on your old unit. Otherwise, you will either need a Mii QR code generated on your old unit, or you will need to run homebrew on a different unit that exchanged Friend codes with your old unit.

Reactions: cillanoodle

cillanoodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your SD card backup is encrypted with a key unique to your old 3DS. Unless you made Checkpoint backups (which are decrypted) when you had your old 3DS, your backup is useless and Checkpoint will not help.

You might be able to decrypt files in your old backup, but only if you have your encryption key. You might have this if you installed CFW on your old unit. Otherwise, you will either need a Mii QR code generated on your old unit, or you will need to run homebrew on a different unit that exchanged Friend codes with your old unit.

thank you so much for the info! I'm pretty sure I may have old Mii qr codes. I'll have to check my files. if I do have some, what do I do?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: cillanoodle

cillanoodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I found my old mii qr codes and I tried to do the seedminer thing. there were 5 folders in the Nintendo 3ds folder and when I went to the help section on multiple folders in the seedminer instructions you posted, it only gave me instructions for if you still have the console and it's working.
so I put the number of the first folder in and I waited for a very long time. like, I fell asleep on the couch and woke up in the morning and there was still no movable . sed file.
so I closed that one and tried again with the second folder's numbers and now I have 2 new files: movable_part1 . sed and movable_part1 , sed , backup. What do I do? how do I get part 2, if I can? or did I mess up somehow?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the script providing any kind of error messages when it finishes? Also, are you sure you are using the ID0 and not the ID1?

Also, did you do all the steps, including Step 7?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?