Hacking Can we use USB port on docking station for hacking?

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that won't work because the USB-A ports on the docking station not directly connected to the Tegra cpu.
The dock contains a seperate cpu that acts as a usb hub as far as I know.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

But your idea does bring something more interesting to mind :
Instead of putting a modchip/trinket inside the Switch itself,
can't we put it into the docking station with a nice switch to turn it on/off?
Much more space in there....
The dock is activated by the switches that the switch pushes down. The question is, do the dock & switch do a data handshake

bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Because RCM is triggered with the joycon rail pins and a button combo that is disabled in docked mode. Having a usb-c cable and/or dongle is just how it is currently done.

Ah ok, that explains it, thanks for clarifying it, I'm gonna get a usb c cable then.

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, that explains it, thanks for clarifying it, I'm gonna get a usb c cable then.
Pay no attention to that guy, he is clueless. You can in fact enter rcm while docked. The problem is, the dock will not activate while in rcm mode because the dock & the switch need to do a digital handshake. I personally just tested this.

Last edited by Techjunky90,

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gawd, learn how to read.
My gawd stop giving out false information. You clearly said oh you can't put a switch in rcm mode without a usb c cable. Which is false. You also said you can't put a docked switch in rcm mode, which is also false. Every single thing you have said is false & you get mad because someone calls you out on your stupidity.

A

a9lh-1user

BTW don't buy a CHEAP cable for a hardware that cost you 350 $ and blow it to oblivion!

There are more than one report about the fragile construct of the Switch and the bricks with NON Nintendo HW ;)

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW don't buy a CHEAP cable for a hardware that cost you 350 $ and blow it to oblivion!

There are more than one report about the fragile construct of the Switch and the bricks with NON Nintendo HW ;)
Correct, the switch uses usb c cable with 56K OHM resistor

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Thanks god, I'm using 50 cents usb-c cable on eBay it works perfectly fine lol.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gawd stop giving out false information. You clearly said oh you can't put a switch in rcm mode without a usb c cable. Which is false. You also said you can't put a docked switch in rcm mode, which is also false. Every single thing you have said is false & you get mad because someone calls you out on your stupidity.

Wow, you are fucking dumb.

OP asked if he could load cfw without usb-c, specifically asking if he could do it docked instead, and I said no. You are hung up on rcm, which is moot without a payload, which was the issue...not simply the ability to enter rcm, hence your need to comprehend words.

Last edited by coffinbirth,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@coffinbirth @Techjunky90

Steady on chaps! You are both correct.

The OP cannot do anything without a USB-C cable. Unless he has got a SAMD chip, Triwing and soldering iron.

He also cannot do anything without RCM.

The dock cannot talk straight to the switch via "passthrough" - ie passing straight through the dock. Unless he mods it.

The OP surely knows the score by now.

No need to fight about it boys :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Can't forget me fr