Hacking Can someone help give me more info on dualboot?

Konohana_Lucia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the stickied topic at the top of the forum, but I still don't understand the process of setting it up. From what it sounds like, being able to switch between OFW and CFW with dualboot would resolve (most) issues concerning being banned, but I'm not finding much info, like a guide, about dualboot anywhere. If I understand correctly, if I have 2 flash drives, one with OFW, one with CFW, I can just swap them freely and change what my ps3 is on by installing from media on the update screen? I have yet to acquire homebrew on my ps3 whatsoever but I figure dualboot is what I want as it sounds similar to how I get around bans with emunand on my Switch.

Basically, I want to screw around with Artemis cheats (or whatever is the current cheat app) on ps3 games while signed out of PSN, but after I want to go online and play games while signed into PSN.

So far my limited knowledge of jailbreaking the PS3 comes from this video

I heard of tools like PSNpatch to hide the sketchy stuff, but if I can freely swap between OFW and CFW that would be preferred.

zeroultima6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For dualboot, yes it is required to have 2 HDD for it to work if you want to switch between firmwares via recovery mode

EDIT: Info wise, DB is basically an OFW with a twist, it can installed over with a CFW provided you have it on before DB. Also it act as though you're not on CFW so you're free to play online as long as it is done properly, the only risk for a ban if you did it wrong obviously.

Last edited by zeroultima6,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night