Hacking Can saves from physical saves be used with the USB loading method?

gog3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has been answered before. I'd like to be able to use the saves from my physical games with this new usb loading method. Is there a way to do that?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you need to move your saves from nand to your USB device then install the game to usb. If your saves are already on the USB then just install the game. Also the same rule applies for any dlc you have bought.

Reactions: gog3

gog3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, that worked great! One more related issue has popped up though. I installed New Super Mario Bros. U and loaded it up, but my save file wasnt there. When I go to Data Management the game is listed twice. Once for the full installed game and another entry just for the save from my disc copy of the game. Does anyone have an idea as to why this would happen, and is it fixable?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, that worked great! One more related issue has popped up though. I installed New Super Mario Bros. U and loaded it up, but my save file wasnt there. When I go to Data Management the game is listed twice. Once for the full installed game and another entry just for the save from my disc copy of the game. Does anyone have an idea as to why this would happen, and is it fixable?
If you can fire up the disc version and the save is there then use Saviine to dump the save and the use Saviine to inject it to your new usb game

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Was one of the NSMBU games the one with New Super Luigi U included and the other isn't? That could be why they use different save slots.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
sounds like you have two different games there - say New Super Mario bros U and New Super mario bros U + New Luigi U are actually "different games" - as far as the console sees it. I am not even entirely sure if the save files are completely compatible as I am sure the combo pack has both New luigi and New super mario bros U saves in same file... (maybe)

gog3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I made sure to download just NSMBU and not the one with Luigi included. To make sure I just loaded the game and it's only NSMBU. I'd try using Saviine to dump the disc save and inject it into the USB game, but I no longer have access to the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel