Can saves from physical saves be used with the USB loading method?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gog3, Oct 30, 2016.

1. gog3
    OP

gog3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2013
    United States
    I apologize if this has been answered before. I'd like to be able to use the saves from my physical games with this new usb loading method. Is there a way to do that?

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes you need to move your saves from nand to your USB device then install the game to usb. If your saves are already on the USB then just install the game. Also the same rule applies for any dlc you have bought.

gog3 likes this.
  3. gog3
    OP

gog3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2013
    United States
    Thank you, that worked great! One more related issue has popped up though. I installed New Super Mario Bros. U and loaded it up, but my save file wasnt there. When I go to Data Management the game is listed twice. Once for the full installed game and another entry just for the save from my disc copy of the game. Does anyone have an idea as to why this would happen, and is it fixable?

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    If you can fire up the disc version and the save is there then use Saviine to dump the save and the use Saviine to inject it to your new usb game

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Was one of the NSMBU games the one with New Super Luigi U included and the other isn't? That could be why they use different save slots.

6. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    sounds like you have two different games there - say New Super Mario bros U and New Super mario bros U + New Luigi U are actually "different games" - as far as the console sees it. I am not even entirely sure if the save files are completely compatible as I am sure the combo pack has both New luigi and New super mario bros U saves in same file... (maybe)

7. gog3
    OP

gog3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2013
    United States
    Nope, I made sure to download just NSMBU and not the one with Luigi included. To make sure I just loaded the game and it's only NSMBU. I'd try using Saviine to dump the disc save and inject it into the USB game, but I no longer have access to the disc.