Can ROMs be zipped? And other noob questions

RoscoHostile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I'm trying to put a bunch of nds ROMS on my 3DS. To make it a little weirder I'm using an FTP because I don't have access to a computer with an SD slot right now.

I've downloaded roms to my phone. First thing I notice though is that they are all .zip files.

I put the .zip roms into the roms/nds folder.

Homebrew launcher can't see them, twilight menu can't see them, but FBI can see them.

Where am I going wrong?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'm trying to put a bunch of nds ROMS on my 3DS. To make it a little weirder I'm using an FTP because I don't have access to a computer with an SD slot right now.

I've downloaded roms to my phone. First thing I notice though is that they are all .zip files.

I put the .zip roms into the roms/nds folder.

Homebrew launcher can't see them, twilight menu can't see them, but FBI can see them.

Where am I going wrong?
They have to be unzipped

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're on Android use a file manager like Mixplorer that can unzip the files on your phone, then push them to your 3DS via FTP.

Personally I've been using Mixplorer for close to half a decade now and it gets things done really well. Supports almost all archive formats, transfer protocols, cloud storages, multiple tabs, built in viewers and editors, and some other stuff that's good to have.

If you're on iOS you should still be able to find some software that can handle the most common archives, particularly zip shouldn't be hard to deal with there either.

RoscoHostile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're on Android use a file manager like Mixplorer that can unzip the files on your phone, then push them to your 3DS via FTP.

Personally I've been using Mixplorer for close to half a decade now and it gets things done really well. Supports almost all archive formats, transfer protocols, cloud storages, multiple tabs, built in viewers and editors, and some other stuff that's good to have.

If you're on iOS you should still be able to find some software that can handle the most common archives, particularly zip shouldn't be hard to deal with there either.

Thank you this fixed my issues!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: