Hacking Can Nintendo do anything to prevent NTAG215 amiibo cards from working?

SilverClock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone familiar with the technology behind it knew the answer to this. I find it strange that after all this time I have not noticed any effort on Nintendo's part to deter amiibo cards from being made. The stock of amiibos continues to be scarce, and the popularity of making cards continues to rise.

D

Deleted User

they can't do anything for ones that are already out, the best they could do is change encryption on the new amiibo, but that would mean that everything that used them would need to be on the latest system version to work

D

Deleted User

Good thing too. Locking a game's content into an expensive toy with a limited production cycle is a terrible thing for customers. How much will we have to pay to scalpers to play the extra dungeons in FE: Shadows of Valentia in 5 years time?

Reactions: Pleng

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For what I heard, there's no way Nintendo can see that NTAG215 aren't real amiibos, no matter if a 540b or a 572b dump is used ! N2Elite users could (theoretically) be detected if they're using 540b dumps, that's why they are now using safer 572b dump that shouldn't be detected.

All of this is still a theory, Nintendo never did anything against amiibos this far, it's just in case one day they'll do it. So for NTAG215 users, the only known risk could be spoofed amiibo (like Fierce Deity Link for example).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr