Can my HDD work with Wii U?

AkiVoziKavasaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm planning on buying Wii U to mod it. I saw it has 32gb and in my opinion that's really small.
Now I have gembird 320gb EE2-U3S-2 HDD. It doesn't have y-cable port so I'm wondering will it work.
Here is the picture of HDD:

Attachments

• image5c13b60106df2.png
    image5c13b60106df2.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 30

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I'm planning on buying Wii U to mod it. I saw it has 32gb and in my opinion that's really small.
Now I have gembird 320gb EE2-U3S-2 HDD. It doesn't have y-cable port so I'm wondering will it work.
Here is the picture of HDD:
For the Wii U (Games) it can be working.
Depends on the Controller and Power "feed" from the Case.
Unfortunately on the Wii U there is no Warranty a Single Cable USB Case works...

Myself use an similar Case but I always use this Y-Cable"Extension":
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009EAF0RU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

AkiVoziKavasaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello.:)

For the Wii U (Games) it can be working.
Depends on the Controller and Power "feed" from the Case.
Unfortunately on the Wii U there is no Warranty a Single USB Case works...

Myself use an similar Case but I always use this Y-Cable"Extension"

Thank you.:)
Thanks for answering, I will try without y cable first but if it needs it i will buy it then or use usb flash

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for answering, I will try without y cable first but if it needs it i will buy it then or use usb flash
While I am no expert with the WiiU, from what I have heard and seen, USB flash is also questionable. Depends on the chip and how much power they pull. It was also this way with the Wii, some USB flash sticks worked great while others would read but you couldn't write to it with the Wii or it would corrupt it.

If you use a USB Flash stick, remember to test it out and even then the power may shift corrupt it at some point so keep backups. Some people have used externally powered USB hubs to avoid this. But from what I have read a Y cable is a better idea as some hubs the WiiU doesn't like. Personally, I would use a exernally powered drive. I just ordered a exernally powered USB enclosure and a 500gb drive for my WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1