Hacking Can I use Rythm heaven fever title key for any Wii game build

Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hoping someone can help, so I’ve downloaded an wbfs of house of the dead overkill usa version, I’ve managed to build the game fine and it installed fine using wup installer.

when I go to load the game I have an black screen and can only switch off the Wii u by pulling the mains.

I’ve checked the compatibility list and it says I will need to use the eur version as my Wii is European.

Just one question, when I build and i get to the title key part, can I use rhythm heaven title key for house of the dead? As on the compatibility list it says I can use it as an host file?

D

Deleted User

Yes you enter the key one time as well as the Wii U title key, and as long as your PC doesn't completely crash where you lose all your data you can inject any game as long as the compatibility says it works. It stores it in temp folder.

Don't worry about where the compatibility list says "use x key for x game" it's not important as that was meant for an older app that was made before TeconMoon's Wii VC Injector. The only reason to use the compatibility list is to make sure a game works (99% do) but also in case you want to use the gamepad instead of play with Wiimote it tells you which games work and you can change settings in the injector to make the gamepad work but only for those games that work with it. So just enter the Wii U title key one time as well as rhythm heaven key into the injector. Then you don't have to worry about keys anymore. Trust me I've made hundreds of injects.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your game crashing is not because of the key if it was the key the injection would have failed on your computer in the first place. It could be not running cfw, your external hard drive (especially if you're using a flash drive not recommended) or something like that but it's not the key. What is your setup are you using external hard drive, internal or flash drive and what cfw are you running. You have to run cfw before playing any injects.

Last edited by ,

Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you enter the key one time as well as the Wii U title key, and as long as your PC doesn't completely crash where you lose all your data you can inject any game as long as the compatibility says it works. It stores it in temp folder.

Don't worry about where the compatibility list says "use x key for x game" it's not important as that was meant for an older app that was made before TeconMoon's Wii VC Injector. The only reason to use the compatibility list is to make sure a game works (99% do) but also in case you want to use the gamepad instead of play with Wiimote it tells you which games work and you can change settings in the injector to make the gamepad work but only for those games that work with it. So just enter the Wii U title key one time as well as rhythm heaven key into the injector. Then you don't have to worry about keys anymore. Trust me I've made hundreds of injects.

Your game crashing is not because of the key if it was the key the injection would have failed on your computer in the first place. It could be not running cfw, your external hard drive (especially if you're using a flash drive not recommended) or something like that but it's not the key. What is your setup are you using external hard drive, internal or flash drive and what cfw are you running. You have to run cfw before playing any injects.
Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. I’m running mocha cfw using external hard drive.

It does work cos I’ve downloaded other Wii games using usb helper and it works using the same set up and mocha was also running.

I think it’s because I’m using an usa version of the rom and not an European version? My Wii u is European

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Region version shouldn't matter in all honesty as I have a ntsc version of that game I built with the same injector running perfectly fine on a pal console.

Id get another copy of the game as it sounds like a bad dump. Either pal or ntsc should be fine.

Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Region version shouldn't matter in all honesty as I have a ntsc version of that game I built with the same injector running perfectly fine on a pal console.

Id get another copy of the game as it sounds like a bad dump. Either pal or ntsc should be fine.
Thanks for your help, I see, this is quite possible , but I’ll find another one and will try that one.

Last edited by Shain7,
D

Deleted User

I would edit your post you're not supposed to give out information on where to get piracy on here it's in the rules.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have an black screen and can only switch off the Wii u by pulling the mains.
Hello,

just a little advice::D

never unplug the electrical outlet from the wall when the wii U is on, you risk damaging it.:(

just keep pressing "Power" and it will turn off by itself:yayu:

Last edited by jeannotte,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hold down power for four seconds. if that doesn't work, then you'll have to pull the main power. it will give you a nag the next time you boot the system if you power it off by holding down the power button, but it's really your only option other than pulling the plug.

Shain7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hold down power for four seconds. if that doesn't work, then you'll have to pull the main power. it will give you a nag the next time you boot the system if you power it off by holding down the power button, but it's really your only option other than pulling the plug.
This is correct, I held the button for four seconds it did nothing, so my only option was to unplug unfortunately, although I really didn’t want too!

Reactions: jeannotte

catmarvho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I used rhythm heaven fever as the base for a few gamecube injects but I don't actually have a copy of RHF installed and can't seem to install it from online tickets so I get this error when trying to load the injects:
20180525_183007-jpg.125160

anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? would buying RHF from the eshop fix it?

D

Deleted User

So I used rhythm heaven fever as the base for a few gamecube injects but I don't actually have a copy of RHF installed and can't seem to install it from online tickets so I get this error when trying to load the injects:
20180525_183007-jpg.125160

anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? would buying RHF from the eshop fix it?

You don't need a copy of RHF installed on your Wii U I've never had it installed and yet have hundreds of injects. Just inject the games using WiiVC injector and install them using WupInstallerGX.

Also you need Nintendont on your sd card for Gamecube games or they won't work.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: catmarvho

catmarvho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need a copy of RHF installed on your Wii U I've never had it installed and yet have hundreds of injects. Just inject the games using WiiVC injector and install them using WupInstallerGX.

Also you need Nintendont on your sd card for Gamecube games or they won't work.
Ahhhh thank you!, I'm still getting that question mark data error after I install with WUP, guessing something is wrong with the inject files or my nintendont boot in my apps folder?

D

Deleted User

Is this happening for a bunch of games or just one? I know the app doesn't like certain characters like &. So if you try to inject Simpsons Hit & Run you'd have to call the game Simpsons Hit and Run for example. There's a way to make the & character work but I forgot it.

Getting the question mark though doesn't have anything to do with the Nintendont files actually. Even if you didn't have Nintendont on your sd card the inject should look normal but the game just won't work.

catmarvho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this happening for a bunch of games or just one? I know the app doesn't like certain characters like &. So if you try to inject Simpsons Hit & Run you'd have to call the game Simpsons Hit and Run for example. There's a way to make the & character work but I forgot it.

Getting the question mark though doesn't have anything to do with the Nintendont files actually. Even if you didn't have Nintendont on your sd card the inject should look normal but the game just won't work.

I see right, it seems to be most of them
Is it enough to change the WUP game folder name to remove any characters after or does it need to be changed from when I inject the game initially? I may have had those characters when first injecting!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never injected a cube game, just two of my favorite injected wii games a very long time ago. I think there's something wrong with the install. I've seen the question mark icon before, when I was trying to figure out the save settings to the .tga files for games. I didn't realize they had to be specific, but I did in fact figure them out. :D anyway, if even the slightest thing is wrong with the game (i.e. wrong save settings for the icon for example), it will show a question mark tile. it's okay if it's just a game as it won't harm anything, just don't try it with system stuff. unfortunately, though, I don't know what could be the problem as I've never encountered this particular instance of one. you can check if that ticket is installed with tik2sd, just have to know the title id of the game.

I see right, it seems to be most of them
Is it enough to change the WUP game folder name to remove any characters after or does it need to be changed from when I inject the game initially? I may have had those characters when first injecting!

iirc, the game won't even install if it has foreign characters.

D

Deleted User

No you need to start over delete the one on the Wii U do the inject all over, make sure both the folder of the game name and when you type the name in the injector are clean.

I've never injected a cube game, just two of my favorite injected wii games a very long time ago. I think there's something wrong with the install. I've seen the question mark icon before, when I was trying to figure out the save settings to the .tga files for games. I didn't realize they had to be specific, but I did in fact figure them out. :D anyway, if even the slightest thing is wrong with the game (i.e. wrong save settings for the icon for example), it will show a question mark tile. it's okay if it's just a game as it won't harm anything, just don't try it with system stuff. unfortunately, though, I don't know what could be the problem as I've never encountered this particular instance of one. you can check if that ticket is installed with tik2sd, just have to know the title id of the game.

iirc, the game won't even install if it has foreign characters.

It will, it just will do exactly what it did to him a question mark with no icon.

catmarvho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No you need to start over delete the one on the Wii U do the inject all over, make sure both the folder of the game name and when you type the name in the injector are clean.

It will, it just will do exactly what it did to him a question mark with no icon.
Thanks so much for the help, I'll give it a go re-injecting and making sure they all have no special chars and the right options and refer to the compatibility sheet just in case
Another thing I noticed as I was testing them out is that some would overwrite other injects that also used the RHF title id, is there a way to avoid that?

D

Deleted User

You just need to forget about Rhythm Heaven Fever key it's only purpose is the make the injector work. It makes a unique id for each game so none of the games actually use the title id you're mistaken. Stop worrying about that key you are done with it as I've already told you. Don't worry about title ids at all there's no reason to.

When you're saying they override other ids what do you mean exactly? Is it preventing you from making the inject or installing the game? Otherwise there's no reason to be concerned about it.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1