Can I use a PC as a Wii U Gamepad?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Engi, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Engi
    OP

Engi Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2012
    Brazil
    Hey guys,

I think I saw somewhere a way to receive the signal of the wii U gamepad in the PC and play with other controllers. Is that true? Can I use my PC as a Wii U GamePad (as of now)?

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm...partially true. Delroth and a few others are working on it, but while they have shown a working alpha version a few weeks ago, it is far from stable enough to actually be released. (randomly googled page with news).

Oh...wait. I misunderstood. You want to use YOUR PC as a replacement for the gamepad. Sorry. Hmm...I think that isn't fully featured either, but I'm not sure on that one.

Engi likes this.
  3. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    Engi likes this.
  4. Kamek64

Kamek64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    Netherlands
    Here there is a Python script called drc-sim, I think it does what you want but I'm not sure. You need a joystick for it.

5. delroth

delroth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    Swaziland
    drc-sim is a WIP that's not really usable for anything serious (among the missing features are for example support for the touchscreen). But yeah, we're working on that, and at some point it will be possible (at least on Linux).

Celice and Engi like this.
  6. Engi
    OP

Engi Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2012
    Brazil
    I knew the video was somewhere in GBATemp, but couldn't find. Also, didn't know about drc-sim. Lucky for me, python is easy to read, so I can figure out how to run in my box :lol:

I'm using Kubuntu, and got all the dependencies installed, now I'm going to borrow a xbox 360 controller to make it run.

I think this script will suit my needs, I want to record gameplay of games like Monster Hunter, don't need touchscreen or mic.

Thanks for all the information!