Hacking Can I use a PC as a Wii U Gamepad?

Engi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys,

I think I saw somewhere a way to receive the signal of the wii U gamepad in the PC and play with other controllers. Is that true? Can I use my PC as a Wii U GamePad (as of now)?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...partially true. Delroth and a few others are working on it, but while they have shown a working alpha version a few weeks ago, it is far from stable enough to actually be released. (randomly googled page with news).

Oh...wait. I misunderstood. You want to use YOUR PC as a replacement for the gamepad. Sorry. Hmm...I think that isn't fully featured either, but I'm not sure on that one.

Reactions: Engi

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: Engi

delroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
drc-sim is a WIP that's not really usable for anything serious (among the missing features are for example support for the touchscreen). But yeah, we're working on that, and at some point it will be possible (at least on Linux).

Reactions: Celice and Engi

Engi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I knew the video was somewhere in GBATemp, but couldn't find. Also, didn't know about drc-sim. Lucky for me, python is easy to read, so I can figure out how to run in my box :lol:

I'm using Kubuntu, and got all the dependencies installed, now I'm going to borrow a xbox 360 controller to make it run.

I think this script will suit my needs, I want to record gameplay of games like Monster Hunter, don't need touchscreen or mic.

Thanks for all the information!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro