Video "pc can emulate the wiiUpAd!" wifi video streaming/control

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by naxil, May 8, 2013.

1. naxil
    OP

naxil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy

Awesome video! pc can emulate all the wiiU pad. and can receive video from wiiU console like the real pad..
    the guy use a XBOX360 controller (Connected to pc). Pc resend the control to wiiUconsole

pelago and Maxternal like this.
  2. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, I posted this link or the PLACE to get it; Comex' twitter. Maybe you found it somewhere else but that is interesting. As for the Wii U, my GRASP, limited as it is, is that the gamepad is tied ONLY to the Wii U gpu, NOT the part with the Wii (look up what has been shared on the GPU).

Not sure if any of this will help have emulation and use the gamepad for other homebrew ideas. This is still cool though.

3. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    i wonder with 3 cores available to vwii, we can use the wireless chip in the wii U to stream to the wii U gamepad?

Oops, i thought it was a way to SEND to gamepad, not RECEIVE.

4. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    Huh, this is very interesting.

5. Masterpaul

Masterpaul GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2009
    Greece
    I guess this is the first step of using the wiiuU gamepad as graphic tablet on the pc.

6. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, want gamepad for emulators and homebrew. Sort of blah now. Good few days but not news I am looking for.

7. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    fail0verflow said something about major progress with using the wii u remote with pc.

8. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, major progress, lol. Cool.

9. Andy A

Andy A Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2013
    With this assuming the receiver on the pc can transmit then we should have no problem sending video, the decoding is the hard part as the encoding of video is just the reverse. I would like to see how he does it though as the next part will be getting input from the tablet.

10. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Marcan himself had a tweet about DHCP, then talks in UDP, some "nin-ty" authentication. Wireless, but I heard people say it is a different type of wireless that is not commonly found (yet). Curious to see how this plays out.

11. Andy A

Andy A Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2013
    To be able to read the video information and decrypt it to an actual video stream means that we understand the how to get around the security and to be able use the wireless signal therefore it can't be that much more work to put your own video in there to stream to the tablet.